Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 5:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigdog View Post
    It really depends on your instructors the level of eperience. My instructor has been in Martial Arts for more 40 years. He has made adaptations to techniques of both Muay Thai and TKD.
    He also told you to stop dropping his name here you brain-dead necrophiliac.

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 6:31am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with pagan. TKD is coming back.

Here is a TKD vs Muay thai gong sau

YouTube - TKD vs Muay Thai in China

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 7:40am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF is with all the necros lately, this was clearly a stupid thread 4 years ago, and it is now too.

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 8:18am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate you kikkoman.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 10:06am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Use the search function.
    2. Don't necro threads.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

Basically in a couple of years we'll have already had a thread about everything and then we can just lock the site up and move on with our lives.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 5:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    1. Use the search function.
    2. Don't necro threads.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

Basically in a couple of years we'll have already had a thread about everything and then we can just lock the site up and move on with our lives.
    "We"???
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 6:08pm

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Aww man that is so sweet of those people, i must say we people as a whole do not get out there and volunteer enough to work with the mentally handicapped like these people have...special people are people too

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 1:55am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
    So much wasted energy with that front kick. The correct counter is to stand there and take those little love taps. As you can see from the video your enemy will move forward relentlessly. Wait until he is inches from your face and take him out with a head butt. :P

I'm hoping the OP was trying to be humourus with that post. Although kicking like that will help with balance, speed, endurance etc it would be very hard to get any power from such kicks. It might be good for point fighting but I sure hope no one tries that in a real fight.

If I ever find a guy that can do that well and with power I will bow down and say"teach me sensei" Until that guy surfaces I'll stick to trying to develop power in my kicks the old fashioned way.
    Well tbh I've used a sorta kinda strategy liek that to good effect in MT sparring. I don't actually intend to land the first kick though it's a fient then i use my cocked back hips to jum and twist landing a pretty decent leg kick. It doesnt always work but it catches ppl who are check happy alot. I will usually land it while they are trying to get thier opposite leg back from checking .

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 2:22am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, THAT IS FUCKTARDED!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 5:47am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A technique often overlooked by Taekwondo stylists...

Winning.

Taekwondo focuses on the "I suck horribly" philosophy when it comes to fighting. I'm totally saying Taekwondo has stagnated on creating new innovations, and they are not actively deveoping new strategies.

These Thai art stylists use the power of their roundhouses on their targets to generate MASSIVE DAMAGE. The opponent probably won't block the first, or the 2nd, and the attacks will eventually break down and make short work of a Taekwondo practitioner.

Everything other than Korean BS is actively evolving. It is an art in motion and we will never see any radical shift in the outcome of TKD vs. Muay thai matches.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast