222309 Bullies, 3589 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    ^The guy in the video was kicking slower and was probably kicking as hard...I am sorry, but he looks like he is drilling for endurance and those kicks have **** on them as well.
    You are the correct in that he was drilling for endurance but those kicks still had way more power than those sloppy TKD kicks. Believe me that he can more likely than not kick hard as **** multiple times in a row.

BTW... that was Kompayuk Fairtex who is a Lumpinee fighter ranked 1st runner up at Lumpinee Stadium and 1st runner up in Thailand in the 55kg catagory.

In this video he was trying and achieved 50 kicks in 35 seconds. Clearly this is not for fighting in the ring as was that other "stuff" but shows that quick follow up kicks are practiced.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 10:58pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do agree with that, I would rather be kicked by the TKD guys, because the way they were drilling, they'd probably fall down if I didn't move backwards.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 5:39am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey
    Anyone got any background info on that fight?

Training time/experience/background of the two fighters, rules etc.
    TKD propoganda. I do not think the "MT guy" A) did muay thai and B) was there for any other reason than to allow the "TKD guy" to exhibition his kicks. IMHOYMMVGFY

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 9:49am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Havn't never trained in MT, I think I fight better then the guy in that video. It definatly looked setup. However, having trained TKD for many years, I have a very low opinion of TKD and it seems perfectly reasonable that TKD would stage a fight.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 10:14am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Next time someone does that in class, punch them in the face. That's an excellent "test" for you.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 10:14am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Muay Thai VS TKD fight WAS a set up.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

No longer a Kaju-Critic

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: Kajukenbo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know, as much as that clip is debated I think its BS. I mean, alot of people will tell you "OH WHEN TKD IS TEH 1 WINNIN U TRY TO MAEK X-CUSES!" but heres the thing... it seems like EVERY SINGLE stupid "Tkd is awesome" threads use this one video as proof. One DEBATED video.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 10:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The muay thai guy turns away from the TKD guy after the very first blow (a crappy jab) and actually cowers. I've seen people do this before, usually people who aren't used to having real blows directed at their face, they tend to panic a little. In fact he reacts exactly like you'd expect a TKD point sparrer would react the first time someone tried to punch his head.

Gee, you think maybe...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 11:39am

Style: One-armed flailing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think maybe we should see more than a few second clips where the ref stops the action after every "successful" kick thrown by the TKD guy. Oh yeah, and an opponent who doesn't think retreating is the only useful counterattack.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 2:28pm

Style: Boxing (sumasshu hige)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    ^The guy in the video was kicking slower and was probably kicking as hard...I am sorry, but he looks like he is drilling for endurance and those kicks have **** on them as well.
    That was cardio. Thaiboxers do that for hours. Notice buddy wasn't even breathing and his kicks were exactly the same beginning to end? Like a fucking robot. He will to 10 or 20 sets of those, and pyramids etc, then spar a bunch.

He's not practicing a combination for a fight, he's conditioning his legs and lungs. His combinations will be left-right-left-right etc, up-down-up-down, hands-feet-knees-elbows-hands-feet, and when he's got you flinching to cover your belly after every head shot he'll double up on your head (for example). Comparing him to the TKD video people is just silly.

In the other video, go easy on the "Thaiboxer", it was obviously his first day.
    I think Pagan is a humorist, see his other threads. He knows just which buttons to push to send the boxers into a high-speed wobble. You gotta wonder about the ones jump on his bandwagon though.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast