Sponsored Links Spacer Image

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 6:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That kick is always countered by a punch to the face or a front kick. It couldn't possibly be effective, it's hardly even effective in WTF sparring.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 6:16pm

Style: Boxing (sumasshu hige)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Pagan]Rapid fire rounhouses

The link leads to some utterly flaccid kicks. The reason this technique is overlooked is because it is entirely ineffective.

Muay thai focuses on the "1 hit kill" philosophy when it comes to roundhouses. I'm not saying muay thai has stagnated on creating new innovations, but they are not actively deveoping new strategies.
    No, Karate focuses on 1hit kill. Muay Thai focuses on kicking really hard. If you knew anything about Muay Thai you would know this, and know "strategies" vary with each fight.

These Korean art stylists use the momentum of their roundhosue bouncing off the target to generate power for another roundhouse coming in the opposite direction. The opponent may block the first, even the 2cd, but the attacks come so fast they will begin to land hard.
    This isn't complete bullshit. A Thai boxer will use your body to change the direction of the momentum of his leg, if the kick doesn't push you away. But are you telling me the Thais haven't yet discovered the left-right-left kick combination? I know this to be false because I myself have kicked people with such a combination as early as 1992. I realize this may be a bit slow in comparison to the ancient and venerable history of TKD, but it did seem familiar to my instructor too. A thai fighter would simply not notice being kicked like the video people do it, except as an opportunity to drop them with a right cross.

Taekwondo is actively evolving. It is an art in motion and we may see a slow but radical shift in the outcome of TKD vs. Muay thai matches.
    Perhaps the thais continue to do what they do because it already works real well?
    Maybe they don't film their failed experiments and post them on the web?
    We will continue to see Thaiboxers harm TKD "stylists" and if your video fighters are the future, it will only get easier.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 6:19pm

Style: Ex-TMA/KB Noob/Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer2
    the pure speed of a technique such as this makes it impossible for a slow stylist of muay thai to defend against it, it confuses people of mma and due to their low iq they are unable to defend against it and panic.

Yet despite that low IQ they are smart enough to realise that they need striking and grappling skills.....unlike many TKD stylists. :bduh:

I think you'll find that against anyone with any skill or experience instead of being confused will just punch you in the face while you practice that tip-tap-****.

Even my old TKD teacher knew that the tip-tap stuff was for conditioning, balance, endurance etc.....he made sure we not to try that crap in a real fight.

Show me a video of someone doing that with enough power to hurt a skilled fighter badly enough that he'll go on the defensive.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the pure speed of a technique such as this makes it impossible for a slow stylist of muay thai to defend against it, it confuses people of mma and due to their low iq they are unable to defend against it and panic.
    I'd rate this guy a 2/10 for his trolling.
    I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 6:22pm

Style: Ex-TMA/KB Noob/Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE[=Fat Bastard] A thai fighter would simply not notice being kicked like the video people do it, except as an opportunity to drop them with a right cross. [/QUOTE]

Hey man, some of us throw left crosses.....will that still work?
    :new_silly

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 6:31pm

Style: Boxing (sumasshu hige)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey
    Hey man, some of us throw left crosses.....will that still work?
    :new_silly
    Even better, southpaws make us all look like fools.

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 6:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwanDu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey
    Yet despite that low IQ they are smart enough to realise that they need striking and grappling skills.....unlike many TKD stylists. :bduh:

I think you'll find that against anyone with any skill or experience instead of being confused will just punch you in the face while you practice that tip-tap-****.

Even my old TKD teacher knew that the tip-tap stuff was for conditioning, balance, endurance etc.....he made sure we not to try that crap in a real fight.

Show me a video of someone doing that with enough power to hurt a skilled fighter badly enough that he'll go on the defensive.
    you obviously have no understanding of the art of martialism

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 7:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah!So thats where you're from."Why don't you take your tabi...roll it up and shove it up your ass".

God! I'm gonna miss Ronin so much guys!

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 7:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rickson by armbar!

software engineer

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 7:32pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you obviously have no understanding of the art of martialism
    Please, enlighten us.

To OP, what about doubling up the same-side roundhouse? They do that in MT, and it seems to work just fine, except with plenty of power.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast