Posted On:
    12/27/2005 5:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuk Sool Won

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A technique often overlooked by Muay Thai stylists

Rapid fire rounhouses

Muay thai focuses on the "1 hit kill" philosophy when it comes to roundhouses. I'm not saying muay thai has stagnated on creating new innovations, but they are not actively deveoping new strategies.

These Korean art stylists use the momentum of their roundhosue bouncing off the target to generate power for another roundhouse coming in the opposite direction. The opponent may block the first, even the 2cd, but the attacks come so fast they will begin to land hard.

Taekwondo is actively evolving. It is an art in motion and we may see a slow but radical shift in the outcome of TKD vs. Muay thai matches.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 5:43pm

Style: One-armed flailing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Provide video of this working or even pictures (though those won't show as much) and maybe someone will care.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you should actually like, know something about what you're criticising before making a stupid statement about how "muay thai stylists don't do this". You're full of ****. Please stop plugging your shitty martial arts.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 5:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuk Sool Won

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman_withers
    Provide video of this working or even pictures (though those won't show as much) and maybe someone will care.
    Video

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 5:48pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, they almost fall down doing that. Imagine if you just legswept them. Both feet are flying off the ground, how do they stay up? If they got hit back they wouldn't, that's how.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 5:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mm.. that isn't video of it working. that's video of some kids at summer camp being made to goose-step towards a guy holding a pad.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 5:53pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    These Korean art stylists use the momentum of their roundhosue bouncing off the target to generate power for another roundhouse coming in the opposite direction.
    So why don't we see them generating more power with each kick? By that final kick they should really be knocking the guy holding the pads on his ass with all that power generation going on.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 5:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit
    Damn, they almost fall down doing that. Imagine if you just legswept them. Both feet are flying off the ground, how do they stay up? If they got hit back they wouldn't, that's how.
    I once had a guy doing that move to me one day.He was all smiling and ****.All I had to do was front-kick him into his stomach each time he tried that ****!He never pulled that move on me from then on.

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 6:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwanDu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the pure speed of a technique such as this makes it impossible for a slow stylist of muay thai to defend against it, it confuses people of mma and due to their low iq they are unable to defend against it and panic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 6:11pm

Style: Ex-TMA/KB Noob/Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I once had a guy doing that move to me one day.He was all smiling and ****.All I had to do was front-kick him into his stomach each time he tried that ****!He never pulled that move on me from then on.
    So much wasted energy with that front kick. The correct counter is to stand there and take those little love taps. As you can see from the video your enemy will move forward relentlessly. Wait until he is inches from your face and take him out with a head butt. :P

I'm hoping the OP was trying to be humourus with that post. Although kicking like that will help with balance, speed, endurance etc it would be very hard to get any power from such kicks. It might be good for point fighting but I sure hope no one tries that in a real fight.

If I ever find a guy that can do that well and with power I will bow down and say"teach me sensei" Until that guy surfaces I'll stick to trying to develop power in my kicks the old fashioned way.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast