Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/02/2006 10:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuk Sool Won

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In a serious situation, yes I'll wear my life jacket every time. If i'm on a wild white water rafting trip, I'm going to wear a life jacket even if I may have some swimming ability.

Think of martial arts training as safety bubble that protects you from attackers. You train your forms/poomse/katas to develop muscle strength, endurance, and technique that will better prepare you for the reality of the street.

You don't try to be "cool" and have a fight club with kids hitting each other. Where is the controlled contact? Where is the adult supervision? Why are they wearing gloves when they wont' have them in the street?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2006 10:35pm

Style: Contemporary Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    This is against everything I have trained for and believe in. These are KIDS, not fighters. These KIDS have no place trying to fight without the proper training. It is counter productive and will generate injuries while re-enforcing bad habbits.

Like my teacher used to say... "Fighitng without martial arts training is like swimming without a life jacket."
    Hey Pagan, you talking about them or us?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/02/2006 10:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuk Sool Won

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm talking about the kids in the video. I'm not sure the exact nature of your "fight club" as I have never seen video of it yet. I sincerely hope it's not like the kids in this video. This is dangerous and unsupervised!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2006 11:04pm

Style: Contemporary Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567