Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2005 1:00pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatical
    Oh well, at least we can try to trollshido this ****.
    omghi2u

As for the video clip...I enjoy throwing down as much as the next guy, but this completely untutored clusterfuck is just a waste of time and braincells. They'd all be better off going to a gym.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2005 2:44pm

Style: Byakuren Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikkoman
    So do you think the greeks were a bunch of losers for practicing full contact fights and developing wrestling without any schools to teach them the proper technique? No, they invented the technique.

I agree that going to a school and learning would be better. But I still think this is good stuff these kids are doing.

To answer : The greeks learned BY KILLING PEOPLE! In other words, they learned combat from WARS and their SOLDIERS taught others.... it goes back beyond them as far as modern man does. There is no starting point for combatives that resembles a bunch of teeny dumbshits hitting each other with big ass padded gloves.

Ancient warriors did not spontaneously learn jack! Do a little reading, please! You're spouting idealistic bullshit to back up your argument, but it simply has no basis in fact or history. My nephews 'wrassle' around too, but there is no way in hell they will ever 'develop' anything useful.

In other words, these little pissants are playfighting and trying to pass it off as real fighting to a bunch of people who know what real fighting is. And for some unknown reason, you are backing them up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2005 3:32pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, it's not bad stuff. Just some kids gathering to have a fun, whip-each-other-up-to-paste time.

Posted On:
    12/30/2005 6:06pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gcarson
    The greeks learned BY KILLING PEOPLE!
    So the greeks killed people. They learned by doing. These kids are learning by doing too. Whether the fighting is life or death, or just kids having fun, at some point all styles were created by going at it.

If your just making fun of them for being emo kids or high schooler's, then fine. But what they are doing is good stuff.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    12/30/2005 6:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me check...

nope, still retards.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2005 11:09pm

Style: Byakuren Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the greeks killed people. They learned by doing. These kids are learning by doing too. Whether the fighting is life or death, or just kids having fun, at some point all styles were created by going at it.

If your just making fun of them for being emo kids or high schooler's, then fine. But what they are doing is good stuff.
    Ok,
    Either you are trying to be obtuse, or you are a lack wit.

I didn't say the greeks learned by doing....I said they were taught to KILL people by their warriors, or professional fighters if you prefer. I also pointed out, that at no point in the history of ANY combative, did a bunch of kids playing around add up to anything beyond that...kids playing.

IF they are playing, then perhaps they should call it a 'play club', rather than a fight club.

And its not fine for me to make fun of them for their hair cuts or their age....Which is why I wasn't doing so. There is too much of that immature bullshit burning-for-the-sake-of-burning going on around here anyway.

Bottom line : Go play with your friends and have fun in your punchy little play date time. But don't try to represent yourself as doing something legit, when you are just fucking about. Its like calling yourself a pro-racer because you drive fast to work....Stupid and dangerous for anybody involved.

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 12:28am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok,
    Either you are trying to be obtuse, or you are a lack wit.

I didn't say the greeks learned by doing....I said they were taught to KILL people by their warriors, or professional fighters if you prefer.
    How did the warriors that did the teaching learn?

I also pointed out, that at no point in the history of ANY combative, did a bunch of kids playing around add up to anything beyond that...kids playing.
    Since we shouldn't discriminate by age, what about adults "playing"? Bullshido throwdowns, dog brothers, ect are a similar format to what these kids are doing. Not everyone that goes is trained for full contact fights.

How was wrestling developed? I'd reckon it got it's start by kids playing. Admitidly i dont' know much of the history of wrestling.

IF they are playing, then perhaps they should call it a 'play club', rather than a fight club.
    Depends what you mean by playing. They are going full contact and that's good enough for me to be called fighting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 6:19am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How did the warriors that did the teaching learn?
    By fighting and not dying in battle.
    Those that fought learnt what worked and what didn't.
    They then taught those younger, the younger ones that went off to battle and lived then progressively taught those younger than themselves ad infinitum.

Since we shouldn't discriminate by age, what about adults "playing"? Bullshido throwdowns, dog brothers, ect are a similar format to what these kids are doing.
    They are trained or are in training.

Not everyone that goes is trained for full contact fights.
    But there are those that are and the point is an exchange of information, those more experienced point out when those less experienced are doing something dumb.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 8:20am

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Larson
    Hey, it's not bad stuff. Just some kids gathering to have a fun, whip-each-other-up-to-paste time.
    **** man ... when I lived in Maryville MO and Mapleton ND as a mini-me, there were 2 worthwhile activities:

building ramps for your bikes,
    wrestling/fighting (which tended to win out because fat kids could do it)

In fact, it's probably my fond memory of fun-fighting as a humorously undersized but moderately athletic little shaver that drives my adult appreciation. A lot of my friends who grew up in suburbs outside of cities have had a kind of "all fighting is evil and crass and should be avoided" mantra driven into them at one point or another, and I've never had that premise.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the **** is your point?
    More human than human is our motto.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast