Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 1:25am

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just a few observations from some guy

I just wanted to take some time to point out a few observations and put in my two cents about what's been going on around here the past week or so. Feel free to listen, put in your two cents or tell me to **** off. I really don't care.

I've been posting intermittently here for about two and a half years now. This forum's gone through alot of changes during that time, some good, some bad, some just cosmetic. One thing that's never changed around here is the incessant whining and antics of 'this week's drama queen' whoever it (they?) happen to be. Hell, even I've had a tiff with a couple of staff members in the past here that a few of the seasoned members here would probably remember quite vividly. Or perhaps not.

This latest fracas seems to stem over this BJJ forum that Aesopian gets to moderate, or whatever. Frankly, I'm indifferent to the whole affair...I could care less. I've had my differences with a few of these BJJ guys around here - it's absolutely no secret. But to set the record straight, I've no quarrel with any of them.

Further, I think it's a good thing that they've got their own sub-forum. Why? Well, for those of you opposed to it, have any of you guys considered that, perhaps if these guys had their own little piece o' land where they can hang out and chat about what they want to chat about, they wouldn't have time or maybe even wouldn't want to do whatever it is that they do to piss you off?

For the most part, I dont' consider myself to be a poster around here who is highly regarded or even respected for the most part. I'm not bosom buddies with any of the admin around here, so just to set things straight, I'm NOT on anybody's side. I'm just a guy who comes here whenever I have time and maybe says a thing or two if there's something I gotta say. If anything, a good analogy for me would be that Norm guy on 'Cheers'....I guess.

At the end of the day, this is Phrost's site. What he says goes. To be completely candid, sometimes I scratch my head at some of the things around here, but I don't have any better ideas, and I'd wager that those who whine alot around here don't, either. But who am I to bitch? Who are any of you, who have a problem with what goes on here, to bitch either, for that matter?

I thought Ronin was a great moderator and poster. But he left of his own accord and, apparently, because what was happening around here pissed him off. Maybe he was inadvertently setting an example for others here who are discontented to follow....that is, if you don't like what's happening here, then leave. Not a single one of us are under any obligation to come here in the first place.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 12/25/2005 1:28am at .
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby