Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 3:53pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well what can you say, it's TKD sparring. I think that it's fine, but I hope you never get into a real fight since the habit of having the hands down is very very hard to break.

Looked fine, I don't know about the losing weight thing. You aren't a professional athlete, I think that if you like it, then keep doing it.

I was just wondering why do you bounce so much on your feet? Bouncing puts you off balance, and in my eyes think that it could actually hinder your performance.

Just an opinion though ;0
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 4:22pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Belt Test Evaluation for this student:

[x] Hand down to foul as many kicks as possible
    [x] Chin out to keep forehead safe
    [x] off hand in odd place
    [x] Hopping when not needed
    [x] Flat footed when needs to be bouncing.
    [ ] LOTS OF KIYAP
    [x] NO punching. Punching's bad!
    [x] Front leg pretty straight!
    [x] Throws kicks from too far away
    [x] No combos

Nine of Ten! Good, but you can do better. :new_bdays

Seriously, I'm just fucking with you a little. Your vid is OK. You've got "gets tired and lays back looking for a fight-ender" disease, which is actually really really bad in TKD because you can't realistically end a fight with one bomb.

It looks like I'm jumping on your **** above, but I don't mean too - that stuff is all newbish flaws, it should all come off with time, or TKD flaws that will come off when you fight under other rules.

The two kicks you threw at around :56 were pretty good.

You also aren't afraid - a lot of newly minted TKD fighters back off too far when threatened.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 10:56pm

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carbon:

Actually, I have no idea why I bounce.... I do it cause I get told to... and haven't been let in on why....

JCash:

[x] Chin out to keep forehead safe

LMAO.... honestly... I have no idea why I do that...

and kikko.... they are a bit young for you pal....

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 11:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    obviously the biggest problem is that you do taekwon-fucking-do and surprise surprise, you look as though if you were ever in a real fight your **** would get fucked up out your nostrils all over the other guys face. which would be the only way you could ever win.

onto the vid. your stance is balls. way too much hopping up and down on the spot with your chin shoved straight out. i would go so far as to say that is the worst stance I have ever seen captured on video, well done. good to see the old ethos of having your hands at your sides doing sweet **** all continues to be a mainstay of taekwondo. the little dance routine you did at the start of the sparring was sweet though. like mini star jumps. fruity.

you say you are working on keeping your hands up. bull fucking ****. you would have to work to keep your hands that low. its a natural human instinct to have your hands at least somewhere near your face when you fight. even utter noobs where I train have a better guard before they have any training at all. your defensive abilities have in fact gotten worse since you started TKD. another impressive feat.

now for the good stuff, you have balls. and that will take you pretty far. your kicking technique isnt half bad although if you werent fighting someone who was so godawful charging in and shouting MIGHT be a bit of a giveaway. telegraph less.i dont know if you are even allowed to throw punches, or if its some kind of unwritten rule that punches are uncool, but for the fucking love of god i saw a million opportunities there. use them. learn how to fucking punch, its not dirty or unsavoury or anything.

also, those chicks are hot. legal age is 16 in this country- getting warm?

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    12/26/2005 12:27am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm, wonder if we have any video from my black stripe TKD test....

I'll get back to you all.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    12/26/2005 12:51am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who taught you to use a back kick as an offensive technique?

Don't do that.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    12/26/2005 2:18am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikken Hisatsu
    obviously the biggest problem is that you do taekwon-fucking-do and surprise surprise, you look as though if you were ever in a real fight your **** would get fucked up out your nostrils all over the other guys face.
    Couldn't be more true!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2005 10:16am

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikken Hisatsu
    obviously the biggest problem is that you do taekwon-fucking-do and surprise surprise, you look as though if you were ever in a real fight your **** would get fucked up out your nostrils all over the other guys face. which would be the only way you could ever win.

onto the vid. your stance is balls. way too much hopping up and down on the spot with your chin shoved straight out. i would go so far as to say that is the worst stance I have ever seen captured on video, well done. good to see the old ethos of having your hands at your sides doing sweet **** all continues to be a mainstay of taekwondo. the little dance routine you did at the start of the sparring was sweet though. like mini star jumps. fruity.

you say you are working on keeping your hands up. bull fucking ****. you would have to work to keep your hands that low. its a natural human instinct to have your hands at least somewhere near your face when you fight. even utter noobs where I train have a better guard before they have any training at all. your defensive abilities have in fact gotten worse since you started TKD. another impressive feat.

now for the good stuff, you have balls. and that will take you pretty far. your kicking technique isnt half bad although if you werent fighting someone who was so godawful charging in and shouting MIGHT be a bit of a giveaway. telegraph less.i dont know if you are even allowed to throw punches, or if its some kind of unwritten rule that punches are uncool, but for the fucking love of god i saw a million opportunities there. use them. learn how to fucking punch, its not dirty or unsavoury or anything.

also, those chicks are hot. legal age is 16 in this country- getting warm?
    The girls are a little young my friend. Like around 12-13... god...:suicide:

But as you guys know. TKD is all about the chicks.... heheh

On to other comments. I'm not looking to get into real fights. I'm looking to do TKD type sparring. Thanks for the honesty about the stance though. It is pretty horrible.... even for TKD standards. Gotta keep my chin tucked and hands up. Guess I was too comfortable, but again.... horrible habits to keep.

As fo the back kick... I'm just really comfortable with it. I use it whenever I can. Why not use it offensively
    Last edited by Slydermv; 12/26/2005 10:27am at .

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    12/26/2005 12:22pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydermv
    As fo the back kick... I'm just really comfortable with it. I use it whenever I can. Why not use it offensively
    Perhaps you haven't sparred people who will capitalize on it yet.

1. It's telegraphed.

2. It's S L O W.

3. I'ts easily countered.

I'm just trying to help you out.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    12/26/2005 12:30pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You will never break the habit of keeping your hands up or your chin tucked, because it is never in danger.

You are really never at risk from taking an extremely hard shot to the face, so you are never going to learn to keep your hands up.

Just my opinion though :)
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast