Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 5:01pm

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

HOT TKD sparring video ACTION, critique request

So... I did the whole testing deal and managed to get my sparring on tape. I think it shows me in a bit of a better light then the last video I posted up.

Before you download, remember its WTF style sparring... so I appreate any comments from TKD players... but of course, feel free to flame and tell me how TKD blows and I should switch up my style. It wouldn't be bullshido without it :)

I'm in the first 2 minutes of the video in red I think. I'm the young guy without the mustash anyways (my video-editing-fu sucks, and I don't know how to crop ****)

The rest contains a young girl sparring and the dreaded board breaking... so you prolly won't want to watch past the first 2 mins...

Of course, this is a bit different then my comp match. No head contact... and pretty slow... but any comments I can get always help. (and I already know my hands are down... still working on it...)

Here's the link...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W3E17KFN

Also I have the rest of the testing taped, but it's mostly basic kicking and sparring steps, some horse stance crap, flexability and forms. I'm not gonna post it, but if anyone wants to see I can do so...

kthxbye!!!

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydermv
    So... I did the whole testing deal and managed to get my sparring on tape. I think it shows me in a bit of a better light then the last video I posted up.

Before you download, remember its WTF style sparring... so I appreate any comments from TKD players... but of course, feel free to flame and tell me how TKD blows and I should switch up my style. It wouldn't be bullshido without it :)

I'm in the first 2 minutes of the video in red I think. I'm the young guy without the mustash anyways (my video-editing-fu sucks, and I don't know how to crop ****)

The rest contains a young girl sparring and the dreaded board breaking... so you prolly won't want to watch past the first 2 mins...

Of course, this is a bit different then my comp match. No head contact... and pretty slow... but any comments I can get always help. (and I already know my hands are down... still working on it...)

Here's the link...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W3E17KFN

Also I have the rest of the testing taped, but it's mostly basic kicking and sparring steps, some horse stance crap, flexability and forms. I'm not gonna post it, but if anyone wants to see I can do so...

kthxbye!!!
    I havent seen it yet but with a little compression you could host it here on Bullshido hell 38 megs may fit here anyways ... as for the point sparring ...I will tell you what I think when I see it .

Thanks for sharing your TKD pain with us ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 5:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it something about your link that makes megaupload chinese? Or is it me
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 5:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well .. it was TKD ... and it was a clip ... and it was some sort of test ... I couldnt finish the vid ... but I will break the clip up for you so it can be hosted here for you it you want .

God I hate TKD sparring ... * shudders *

:new_all_c

*edit*

Clip shrunk and clipped down your match only .

check your PM .
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 12/24/2005 6:07pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 7:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha your teacher is awesome, sounds exactly like my old sabunim

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 7:27pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your totally flat-footed at some points, work on your footwork, it's one of the most important aspects of sport TKD. Your roundkick to backkick would be a good smooth combo, but your backkick is (no offense) terrible. The back kick should go straight out and back, with your upper body leaning down, you looked like you were throwing spinning hook kicks at his knees.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 7:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lose some weight and gain a lot of cardio

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 7:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah I forgot, for the good of people watching your videos, be more active

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 1:31am

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *nodnodnods*

Yeah... my instructor is a pretty nice guy... he runs a good school.. too mcdojangish... but for those who want it, he works us hard (relatively anyways.... I've never been gifted atheltiacly...) My goal right now it to get a few wins at the tournments we go to in Winnipeg. There not national or provincal type comps... but they still are a challange for me. One I get there, I'd just like to be albe to compete without making an ass out of myself with the higher level players... so I still have a long way to go...

As for the back kick... yeah... I work on it alot.. but like everything else, it still needs more work. The first one I threw, I though didn't look too bad though, but the other two I was rotating though... need to spar more... the video with just the kicking, my back kicks look alot better... oh... and work on the heavy feet... I get told that all the time actually... heheh...

Yeah... my cardio isn't so hot, and I could stand to lose 5-10 pounds... hard to keep weight off during the holiday season... plus I was having a fat day... hehehe

And like I mentioned in the first post... it was slow... part of it was it was testing (which is really more of a cerimonial thing at our school I guess... like we don't have the crap beaten out of us... that happens in class) and the other part is I spar with that guy alot. He always waits for you to act to counter with a jumping back or something similar... so I really space out my attacks with him to keep him a bit off balance... (if that makes sence). Next time I put a clip up though, I'll try to make it a more viewer friendly one...

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 3:29pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The board breaking looked nice.

I like the TKD girls too. :laughing6 :adios:
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast