Actual Photo

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 1:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Oh My Nuts/clitoris !!

Ok in Hapkido we have and drill two kicks specificly for targeting the groin ( that I know of so far ) on both males and females .

I consider Groin Shots to be pressure points as far as effectiveness . Some people can take them two or three in a row .. other crumple and drop immediatly .

1. Floppy Footed Snap Punt
    • This kick thrown from the front or back leg
    • It is almost identical to our front snap kick up untill you make contact
    • the foot is kept "floppy" throughout the kick ( supposedly keep the testicles from escaping some how )
    • you should contact the groin with the very top of your arch almost at the ankle
    • as contact is made instead of pulling back or rechambering the kick .. think " punt " and continue to raise/straighten the leg .
    • you should feel their pelvic bone hitting the very bottom of the shin/top of ankle.
    • finish up with close range techniques
      • short range strikes
      • clinche
      • knees
      • elbows
      • take downs
      • standing locks
      • etc

Then you have the Snappy Floppy Groin Kick

• Snappy Floppy Groin Kick
    • This kick is thrown from the front or back leg
    • This kick is a snap kick .. except the goal it to "snap the groin" with the top of your toes right at the knuckles .
    • when done properly you should feel their "stuff" squish between your toes (male or female )
    • again the whip motion and floppy foot are suppose to keep the target from rolling or running away from the contact point .
    • this kick leaves you with room to laugh and point if it stuns them or you can close the gap and follow up as you wish .
    • this kick is on my sparring video in the BBC video section ... it is the end of the second match .. accidental on my part but my form was perfect ...

... I know groin shots arent the end all be all . But I figured I would share a little bit of the lesser known techniques .

Do any other of you stylists out there have a groin shot technique you would like to share ?

*edit*

I have no idea what these kicks are actually called ... the names are what we call them in class .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 6:08pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, my heavy bag's bottom is about crotch level for an average sized person. Great for developing groin kick powah. When you can get the heavy bag to pop straight up with good momentum, you know you have good stopping power with that kick. My sister used to kick the bottom, then one day she kicked me. Now I have a permanent ultrasensitive right testicle.
    Who, for Petes sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 8:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you been watching Bas Rutten's Lethal Street Fighting video?

STABBING DEVICE!!
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 4:35pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everybody always talks about kicking the groin and the proper way to do it. How many people train to defend it?

Way back in Temple Kung Fu (rofl?), I was shown that all you have to do is angle your toes towards eachother (pigeon toed...), and bend your knees. VOILA!! No groin kick. Of course, that only works if they want to do a swinging groin kick (90% of the ones I've had happen to me and seen on "training" videos, etc) and not a "stabbing" groin... umm... kick.

Then, in Muay Thai, all you really have to do is shin block the kicking leg...

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 6:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeezyTheSnowman
    Great info. I've been wondering how to kick someone in the nuts.
    I know its not exactly ground breaking material . Its just a topic I see noobs talking about all time "just kick'em in the nuts" ....

Well there are ways to do it .. incorrectly that lets the target "escape" and correctly that should cause damage and not just a pause or a flinch reaction .
    In my school we call the former "women" and the latter "men".
    I know dudes who walk through nut shots ... and I have seen more than a few women get doubled over from a single kick .

Quote Originally Posted by chaosexmachina
    Have you been watching Bas Rutten's Lethal Street Fighting video?

STABBING DEVICE!!
    no I haven't but it sounds like I need to .... if nothing else than just to hear where the quote "STABBING DEVICE !!! " came from ....
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 6:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a grown ass man. I've defended a groin kick or two.
    And then you got poked in the eye, right?

Knife hand to neck?

Nose bone punched into your brain?

That's my point. Groin hits are relatively easy to defend against. That's why your groin is between your legs and not on your forehead, so it's harder to hit.

Ex-RAF

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 6:56pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The ultimate aim, of course, is to cause the testicles to ascend back into the pelvic cavity. "Look at you! I have turned you into a man-boy!" This MUST be said in your best Arnold voice.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 7:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakemaster
    The ultimate aim, of course, is to cause the testicles to ascend back into the pelvic cavity. "Look at you! I have turned you into a man-boy!" This MUST be said in your best Arnold voice.
    No no no .. that is exactly what you DON'T want to happen ! You want to smash what your kicking against the inside of the hip joint , pelvic bone , or inner thigh ( for men)or against the pelvic bone (women) .

*edit*

Taunting them afterwards is a good thing no matter what the results .
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Ex-RAF

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 7:05pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My bad. Kick them first, then when they're distracted, grab a handful and start hammering. Unless they're experienced Sumo wrestlers or freaks of nature, they won't stand a chance.

*edit - didn't know this was moderated. Nuts.*

One thing to consider is that if you're wearing shoes or boots, driving a hard tip into the balls is going to be excruciating. A good pair of workboots will hurt like hell.
    Last edited by Cakemaster; 12/25/2005 7:12pm at .

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 7:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    THAT'S MY PURSE I DON'T KNOW YOU!!!!

Is a good way to distract someone before you kick them in their chi balls.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast