Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 3:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JUN FAN,KALI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Satori,
    My own embaressment has kept me from discussung this for a whilebut,here goes,one of the first things I noticed was they way he would show something then a few moments into the drill say "wait I forgot this" . Others reminding him on a regular basis of things he should know like terminology and body mechanics.Most of all the hesitation during demonstration as he would halt mid drill to think about what he was doing.This happened often enough to raise suspicion at least once or twice per class.
    The next thing would be the speed at which people advanced in rank,and the curriculm getting changed and rearranged every 3 to 4 monthes.
    The website I refer to is "The World Jeet Kune Do Federation.com" if you look its very suspect just by the way it advertises. I will tell more as i loosen up I promise.
    oh yeah whats a sticky?

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 3:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I left my previous instrustor almost 1 year ago.Now I just want to learn from the best I could I found a place in Pa that while a bit of a drive is worth it for the quality of training.I guess my goals for the moment are trying to loose the bad habids I picked up (going fast and neglecting proper form,technique,and body mechanics to name a few.)
    The more I learn the easier it is to move on from the past.I think that one of the reasons came to this website is to share my experience with others because if there is one thing I have learned its that Bullshido and McDojos are a plague in the US :icon_excl

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Resurrection can be yours brother... while you earn it please accept this token of our 12 step anti bullshido process.

Keep posting, only 11 more steps to go! :5hypnodis
    Attached Images  
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 4:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That bacon robot you keep posting is starting to freak me out...in a kinky, meat product sort of way.

Tell us more, Adapt.

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 12:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing I suppose that is another part of the story is that after my first 6 monthes I was at my first Dan Inosanto seminar,and while I recognized a few of the drills he demonstrated most of us just could'nt keep up with the other 150+ people there who seemed to already know alot of the stuff.That was because they had mostly come from his line of teaching to some degree or another.
    Any questions we asked our "sifu" were answered by "well it was your first seminar you can't expect to take it all in" and "we will be doing some of that in class soon".

The worst **** is that he tried to make it seem like he really knew Dan and the fact was he was just attending seminars for the past 4 years.
    He never actually took a class for jkd in his life to his credit he did have black belts in other arts but only taught american kenpo in the school,which he fumbled over worse than the jkd after the first 3 belts(I climbed 5 belt levels in less than a year)clips of that stuff was actually on bullshido in an old thread.

So at this point I was going to class 4 days a week and 6 monthes after my first seminar almost a year to the day that I started I was asked to assit and teach a basics class in jkd.At this point I should have known but I was blinded by the light.Another guy who was there about the same amount of time as me was also promoted to assit and teach a basic kali class.

This is where the story gets really intresting now try to keep up I was blue belt in kempo and assitant in jkd after 1 year teaching my own class 1 day a week.I will continue later stay tuned :XXcompute

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 2:24pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't be embarassed Adapt. Bullshido is a rough place. Once you get the hang of it though the fiery substance of the site actually becomes enjoyable.

Like Latin dancing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 1:35am

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    Don't be embarassed Adapt. Bullshido is a rough place. Once you get the hang of it though the fiery substance of the site actually becomes enjoyable.

Like Latin dancing.
    Hell yes! Salsa, merengue, machata, cuban, cumbia ... they're all so addictive. Since this thread seems to be dead anyways, anyone else into latin dancing?
    :sniperdan

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 3:19am

Style: combat centres

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you find that your hopgar footwork helped with your latin dancing abilities? :)

Posted On:
    12/29/2005 10:30am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well let me continue sorry it took so long holidays are keeping me busy.
    So any way I began teaching a basics class 1 day a week.I have often heard that you really only know your curriculm after you start teaching others(or something like that.)This turned out to be very true in this case.At first I only had 5 or 6 people there at a time,but after one month this doubled and at one point I even had 20 people.This was due to the fact that anyone who came in was first suposed to take a basics class.

The first thing I noticed was when I would teach trapping,85% of the time it proved almost impossible to pull off the way I had been taught.One night there were only 3 people myself included and a new guy who had some wing chun experience.I wanted to experiment with the trapping and told the new guy to "play".After watching us said "close the gap"as in footwork.He showed us once and this allowed for us to pull it off.After that I was able to make it work almost all the time,but that man never came back.This would become a popular theme as numerous experienced people would come and go.

At this point I stopped doing the american kempo that I was doing under the same guy because half the techniques of my prior belts were changed or done differently.At times we would see our"sifu" refering to his notebook and correcting himself,even though I had passed my tests the wrong way,it was ok because much like jkd kempo was supposed to be modified to fit the individual or so I was told.

I will try to finish this tale by new years thanks for the input.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2005 10:50am

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a shame you went through that. It's always advisable to do a little research into any place you are interested in getting training.

I started out in the more traditional dojo style of training, but soon found I preferred the SBGi "alive" training. I'm not much for kata's or forms. I just want to learn the techniques and then attempt to apply them with varying degress of resistance until I have learned them enough to apply them at full speed with full resistance.

I also don't care about the whole "no contact/light contact" sparring mentality. It's a "MARTIAL" art, there has to be contact in order to demonstrate how effective a technique can be.

There is a TKD place close to me that does "light" (meaning barely touching) sparring. I was considering seeing if my 3 year old daughter would be interested in doing it, since she is always watching daddy hit the bags, etc... But then I discovered it's $100/month with a 1 year contract....for a 3 YEAR OLD!!!

My daughter can't even sit still through a 20 minute episode of Dora The Explorer, let alone be committed to sticking with something for a whole year.

So I decided I would just teach her myself, she likes the Judo/BJJ stuff....When people come over she usually says, "Daddy put me in an armbar". Then the people have a concerned look on their faces like they should leave and call Family Services.... :lookround
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast