Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JUN FAN,KALI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Opinions On Video Certifird Instructors

Hi, New Here And Just Wanted To See Who Else Has Had Experience With Instructors Who Have Been Certified Through Videos Via Online Orginizations.(jkd Federation)i Had A Terrible Experience That I Eventually Escaped From That Lasted Almost 2 Years And When I Was Exposed To A More Professional Ma Instructor(inosanto Trained And Certified) I Quickly Went To Train Under Him.i Learned More In 2 Monthes Than I Had In 2 Years And Well Without To Much Detail Thats The Basic Of It And Just Curious To See If Others Have Experienced Anything Similar

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:37pm

Style: Shaolin-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting Writing Style. I'm Sure The Others Will Enjoy It.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAPT N SURVIVE
    Hi, New Here And Just Wanted To See Who Else Has Had Experience With Instructors Who Have Been Certified Through Videos Via Online Orginizations.(jkd Federation)i Had A Terrible Experience That I Eventually Escaped From That Lasted Almost 2 Years And When I Was Exposed To A More Professional Ma Instructor(inosanto Trained And Certified) I Quickly Went To Train Under Him.i Learned More In 2 Monthes Than I Had In 2 Years And Well Without To Much Detail Thats The Basic Of It And Just Curious To See If Others Have Experienced Anything Similar
    Bullshit. Also, why the **** are you capitalizing every word? Constipated?

:eatbabies

Fuckin' nOoB!

And welcome to Bullshido!
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAPT N SURVIVE
    Share the story -- and stop capitalizing everything!

-dagorilla

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:45pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, wait, wait. The instructor actually TOLD you that he got his certification through video?....? And YOU STUCK AROUND FOR TWO YEARS?!?!?

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HAW! HAW! HAW! HAW! HAW!!!

Professional Wrestler

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:55pm

Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey at least there was a video, I know of an instructor who has gotten rank by changing organizations with no video changing hands.
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 2:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JUN FAN,KALI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow,thanks for the warm welcome.Ok first off sorry about the caps thing touchy lot arent we,any way the guy I used to train under had all these certificates on the wall and at the time I started training I only had basic kickboxing experience from when I was in my late teens.At first all the stuff was new and really cool to see (trapping,locks take downs ext.)but I always suspected in the back of my head it was not all it appeared: when skilled people would come check out the school they only stuck around for a few classes and then disappeared.The "sifu" I was training under would always mention Dan Inosanto but his certificates had no name of who had taught him just the name of the orginization on them.The name on the jkd one was the jkd federation,so I went online and after a few monthes of research could not see anything other then pay us money we send you videos and you send us video of you doing the stuff we send you a certificate to teach.So after a few people I was close with there discoverd their own little issues with the place and left,I soon followed after one of them took me to a school of the inosanto lineage.I basically saw all the stuff i had been doing just done right,the difference between someone who learns from a person vs. a video was apparent even to this "noob".thats pretty much it.oh and to answer that other question no he never said he was video certified in jkd or kali he pretty much indirectly said he came through inosanto. well thats all I really want to tell for now but will take any questions that any "noob" should endure

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 2:58pm

Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    youaretheperfectpersontolearnfromavideoinstructor

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 3:15pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a sticky at the top of the Bullshido. You'd probably experience more acceptance if you read it.

Lemme give you a few pointers, though, to make your stay a little more welcome.

1. Unless you're from another country that speaks another language, you really don't have an excuse to use poor grammar. It makes the poster look less...intelligent, and makes the post in general hard to read.

2. Use paragraphs. One giant paragraph is hard to read, and it just looks better when you break up a large train of thought.

With that out of the way, why don't you provide some more info on your experience?

What did you specifically notice about each instructor that made it obvious? What website did you find that had the "Certification via Mail"? Perhaps you could drop a name and/or location of this first instructor so as to warn people away from him.

Still, don't let everyone elses harshness deter you. JKD is a very practical martial art that could very easily be turned into bullshit through stuff like what you've related. We need to hear about scams like this, so please don't clam up just because some people are assholes.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 3:21pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You won't have to endure many questions. You do have to endure being made fun of for a while, but that's just cause you're new and it's not personal although people can get a little snippy if you don't punctuate and use line breaks. This is all text so making it easy to read is important.

So now that you found out your former teacher is a fraud or whatever, where do you want to go with martial arts and your training now? What are your goals?
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast