Page 1 of 2 12 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pretty Newbie to MA seek help

Hi,i took TKD but only a yellow belt :sad1:
    But i was really passionate about martial arts.My dream is to be some martial art instructor some day...so i really need you guys advice on how should i begin.
    I always read/watch videos on different kick/punches and practice on my own and sometimes i will spar with friends.Any advice is highly appreciate.And ya,i live in singapore so i think its gonna be hard to find Muay thai or BJJ sch around here.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooblar
    But i was really passionate about martial arts.My dream is to be some martial art instructor some day...so i really need you guys advice on how should i begin.
    I always read/watch videos on different kick/punches and practice on my own and sometimes i will spar with friends.Any advice is highly appreciate.And ya,i live in singapore so i think its gonna be hard to find Muay thai or BJJ sch around here.
    and a yellow belt is what exactly?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Err,its kinda like the 2nd lowest or something.And all i learn in TKD is patterns and stance ><

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d! supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If there is a Korean art in a chinese City... I would assume you can find something else. Look harder grass hopper!

:suicide:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For somebody who was only a yellow belt, teaching is pretty ambitious.

What are you looking for in a martial art? Is it just to stay in shape? Or do you want to learn how to fight?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wanted to defend myself in school.( lots of typical gangsters ) or make me a good 1 on 1 fighter .Yea i know teaching is pretty ambitious but its always ny dream and i am really interested in martial arts.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d! supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wanted to defend myself in school.( lots of typical gangsters ) or make me a good 1 on 1 fighter .Yea i know teaching is pretty ambitious but its always ny dream and i am really interested in martial arts.
    Take wrestling. It's free and will help toughen you up more so than TKD where thus far you have learned forms!

:emo:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's my advice when looking for a school:

*Since you're looking to become a better fighter, make sure the people there spar with hard contact frequently. Resistant drills are good, too. One really good sign of a place that teaches you how to fight is whether or not they train fighters.
    *I'd hesistate to get into any long contracts until you've spent a good deal of time with a school (~6 months to a year). You might love something initially but then turn out not to like it very much. Personally, any forced contract is kind of a turn-off for me, but there are good schools who have contracts.
    *Some people are pro- forms and some are against them, but most would agree that a school that focuses on forms more than they do sparring might not be the best place to train.
    *Beware of any outrageous claims! Do some research on the instructors to see if you can find a way to validate what they've claimed.
    *Look for the quality of instructor more than a specific art. A bad instructor in a good art isn't going to be as much help as a great instructor.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try Western Boxing and Judo. And San Da/San Shou.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ru-Klas
    If there is a Korean art in a chinese City... I would assume you can find something else. Look harder grass hopper!

:suicide:

Singapore is a country, not a city in China you silly billy! *rolls eyes*
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 Last