Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always assumed that Sangaku Jime was just Japanese for Triangle Choke, as Juji Gatame is for Arm Bar. Or is the Judo technique opposed to looking the foot under the knee?

I can't imagine that there is much pressure on that bottom picture where the guy is tapping. Especially with his leg accross the shoulder instead of the neck. If you want to create big pressure to really put their lights out you need to pull the arm across, pull the head down, or both.

Edit: I mistook the Sangaku with Sankaku... Anybody know the difference (if any)?
    Last edited by Aesopian; 12/23/2005 1:55pm at . Reason: Typo.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:29pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In that second picture, the guy being triangled can easily walk his right leg over his opponent and break that triangle.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer
    In that second picture, the guy being triangled can easily walk his right leg over his opponent and break that triangle.
    In the second picture, the guy doing the triangle (Te No Kage) can also rotate his hips putting the triangle-e into a really bad spot of being triangled on his back.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:36pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In that pic the guy being triangled is going to have the easier time of it. Also walking the right leg over will put both men belly down, an arm bar may still come of it, but mostly the favorable position has changed hands.
    Last edited by Stick; 12/23/2005 1:39pm at .

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer
    In that pic the guy being triangled is going to have the easier time of it. Also walking the right leg over will put both men belly down, an arm bar may still come of it, but mostly the favorable position has changed hands.
    Maybe, depends on who's better. Let's eat ice cream and think on this some more.

:icescream

Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.

Chemist

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ru-Klas
    This is how I learned that move. Same position but the guy is defending an armbar where you are on his side like this. You then get the leg in and scissor with the legs or ankle crossed. Not effective and easy to counter for my own tastes but I know a guy who is quick enough to pull this off. It generally only works one time though to someone who has never seen it. More of a surprise tap then a I'm gonna pass out tap. Does it work good for you?
    ya, but like I said I don't roll with many submission masters either, I only catch it once and a while anyways, but while we're on the subject, what are the best escapes out of this?

Bud, the bottom picture was working because my bottom leg was pushing on his shoulder which was putting his arm across his neck and my top leg was against his neck, then I bring my knees together.

Really I just wanted to know if I should abandon this submission and work on other things instead because I'm only getting this because A) I'm rolling with white belts, or B) because I'm bigger and I can pull it off, or C) some other reason. I don't want to waste my time working it if it's not a viable technique, or work against someone equally skilled as myself.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:43pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have very, very little faith in this technique. Just work on real triangles.

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Te No Kage!
    Really I just wanted to know if I should abandon this submission and work on other things instead because I'm only getting this because A) I'm rolling with white belts, or B) because I'm bigger and I can pull it off, or C) some other reason. I don't want to waste my time working it if it's not a viable technique, or work against someone equally skilled as myself.
    Well, let's look at Rigans Triangle book for the answer to this question Komrade. IF you don't have it then I recommend it if you are a triangle lover such as myself. If you are trying to work an armbar from this side position and the opponent resists you have several options to take a real triangle as opposed to this psuedo move. I would post how to do it but I suck at explaining via text. Maybe Aeso can explain it better.

:read:

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:50pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's say you're going for an armbar on his left arm, but he's resisting the armbar by holding his hands together. Stick your left leg through his arms, putting your foot by the far side of his head. You can let him think he's escaping so he sits up into the triangle, or just pull his head into it (like I do).

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 2:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    Let's say you're going for an armbar on his left arm, but he's resisting the armbar by holding his hands together. Stick your left leg through his arms, putting your foot by the far side of his head. You can let him think he's escaping so he sits up into the triangle, or just pull his head into it (like I do).
    Work on this one Te No Hondo!

:happy7:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast