Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 10:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryan
    I'm not justifying any traning done their. It's crap.

As i said I did a search and did not come up with this vid. Feel free to trollshido it.

I dont think it is a set up fight; all the TKD WTF ppl I know would do the same thing if they were about to get hit: go back fast. Before Judo and (the very little) MT I have, I would have done the exact same thing: moved like hell back if i thought I was about to get kicked.

sure, there was a fair amount of running away, however, on closer inspection you can actually see them INTENTIONALLY missing kicks throughout the entire fight.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 11:06pm

Style: BJJ/ Judo/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Song - Frandz Ferdian Take Me Out

Watched it again a couple times: The TKD guys spinning back hook kick at the end of his first attack sequence was very high and the shaolin guy did not duck until the kick was farley far out. The shaolin jump spinning watever that was at the end of his attack was short and high. @ 13 seconds, the TKD round house is blocked, and @ 51 seconds again. @ 1:11 the shaolin guy get in a low leg kick and @ 2:03 it looks like the shaolin might have kicked him (bad camera position). No, none of this was with any real power. But it was with the power your'd expect and TKD WTF stylist to score a point with, not the power a MT'er would KTFO your ass with.

Also, why fake it? Would it not be better for one to win for political/business/grudge reasons?

Edit- This should be in your style sucks... sorry.
    Last edited by Teryan; 12/22/2005 11:09pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 11:10pm

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Watched it again a couple times: The TKD guys spinning back hook kick at the end of his first attack sequence was very high and the shaolin guy did not duck until the kick was farley far out. The shaolin jump spinning watever that was at the end of his attack was short and high. @ 13 seconds, the TKD round house is blocked, and @ 51 seconds again. @ 1:11 the shaolin guy get in a low leg kick and @ 2:03 it looks like the shaolin might have kicked him (bad camera position). No, none of this was with any real power. But it was with the power your'd expect and TKD WTF stylist to score a point with, not the power a MT'er would KTFO your ass with.

Also, why fake it? Would it not be better for one to win for political/business/grudge reasons?
    Thanks, I should make out with you right now!

Anyway, I don't think the video is fake, but it could use people that aren't so afraid of contact. I mean, for god's sake it doesn't even have to look like a Pride bout (that reason people are bashing it IMO), just as long as there is more contact.

Genius

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 11:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a two man floor exercise. Kind of like a dance off, I was waiting for one of them to say "you got served" after their flurry of dance moves.

Genius

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 11:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Why is the WWE fake?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 11:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Why is the WWE fake?
    I Don't watch alot of WWE, but when I catch some before TUF some one usualy wins and makes a big deal about it. The last frame was still the fighters fighting.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 11:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Watched it again a couple times: The TKD guys spinning back hook kick at the end of his first attack sequence was very high and the shaolin guy did not duck until the kick was farley far out. .
    Precisely. The kick was aimed way the **** away from the shaolin guys head, making the chances of it striking his demo partner basically nil.

The shaolin jump spinning watever that was at the end of his attack was short and high.

Again, the kick was thrown in a way where it would never possibly have landed. Why would someone waste that kind of energy throwing such a kick unless they were trying to demo for the crowds?

@ 13 seconds, the TKD round house is blocked, and @ 51 seconds again.

those blocks were absurd. Also, you should notice that the TKDer is aiming for the middle of the shaolin guys arms, not his body and makes no attempt to set anything up. I've sparred TKDers before and although I think they generally suck, it was never anything that bad. This guy is supposed to be some total bad ass.

@ 1:11 the shaolin guy get in a low leg kick and @ 2:03 it looks like the shaolin might have kicked him (bad camera position).
    The "leg kick" wasn't a kick, it was a step in. If he actually did kick him there, the kick would've been completely negligeable. But it wasn't, it was a setup for a showy move.

No, none of this was with any real power. But it was with the power your'd expect and TKD WTF stylist to score a point with, not the power a MT'er would KTFO your ass with.
    Again, I think TKD sucks, but top tier point sparrers know how to connect shots and there ARE occassional KO's in olympic TKD.

Edit- This should be in your style sucks... sorry.
    Shaolin monks are performers, not martial artists. Everything they do is a circus act. It's good entertainment for the layman.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 11:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Precisely. The kick was aimed way the **** away from the shaolin guys head, making the chances of it striking his demo partner basically nil.

Again, the kick was thrown in a way where it would never possibly have landed. Why would someone waste that kind of energy throwing such a kick unless they were trying to demo for the crowds?
    I've seen some kicks that were thrown pretty far out and far away. It is farley common from some of the tournements I went to.

those blocks were absurd. Also, you should notice that the TKDer is aiming for the middle of the shaolin guys arms, not his body and makes no attempt to set anything up. I've sparred TKDers before and although I think they generally suck, it was never anything that bad. This guy is supposed to be some total bad ass.
    One had was up towards his head, the other towards his balls. It seemed to be more to find an opening than actualy strike him, and if he did not block the kick it gave some thing to follow up.

Again, I think TKD sucks, but top tier point sparrers know how to connect shots and there ARE occassional KO's in olympic TKD.
    I dont think this guy is top tier. 1st Dan yes, but not the best by any means. Most KO's I've seen on line (never one in person) all look like they got lucky or had perfect technique while the other guy messed up.

Shaolin monks are performers, not martial artists. Everything they do is a circus act. It's good entertainment for the layman.
    How many times have you heard:
    "But if a real Shaolin monk was to enter the UFC he would clean house, but beacuse his Chi is to strong they wont let him. He would kill everone their."

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 11:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sparred with a black belt TKDer a couple weeks ago who was just some Joe Schmoe. I utilized better movement and defensive movement than this Shaolin guy and his stupid arm blocks and I was still tagged quite a bit.

"How many times have you heard:
    "But if a real Shaolin monk was to enter the UFC he would clean house, but beacuse his Chi is to strong they wont let him. He would kill everone their.""

A lot.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 12:08am

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast