Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 2:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dragon Within and Larry Leavitt's in Massachusetts???

I'm looking for a good martial arts dojo or gym on the North Shore of Boston that teaches practical self-defense. I'm thinking of study for a ~6 month trial period, and possibly continuing indefinately. There are two places nearby called Dragon Within (Salem) and Larry Leavitt's (Peabody). I think that both offer combined boxing, grappling, etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

thedrew2000@yahoo.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 4:08pm

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude...your best bet is to check them out for yourself. Ask if they offer any free trial classes or even a single paid class.

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 7:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: UFC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'D GO WITH LARRY LEVITTS

I"VE TRAINED AT BOTH DRAGON WITHIN AND LARRY LEVITTS,LARRY LEVITTS IS A MUCH BETTER GYM TO TRAIN AT I LEARNED MORE ONE MONTH THERE THAN I DID 4 MONTHS AT DRAGON WITHIN , LARRY TEACHES ALOT MORE VARIETY OF MARTIAL ARTS TO PLUS HE"S GOT A WAY BIGGER GYM AND AND A BOXING RING ALL DRAGON WITHIN HAS IS KENNY FLORIAN WHO SHOWS UP THERE TWICE A YEAR TO TEACH A 2 HOUR CLASS WHICH IS A TOTALLY RIP OFF BECAUSE ITS THE SAME PRICE AS TRAINING AT SITYOTDONG FOR A FULL MONTH WITH KENNY FLORIAN PLUS LARRY IS A BLACK BELT IN KEMPO,JUDO,JUJITSUPLUS HE WAS A GOLD
    AND GLOVES BOXER AND A CHAMPION WRESTLER WHILE DENNIS AT DRAGON WITHIN IS A BLACK BELT IN KARATE AND A BLUE BELT IN JUJITSU AND TRIES TO BOX BUT FOR SOME REASON HE HAS A BELT SYSTEM IN KICKBOXING WHICH MAKES NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER. BUT ANYWAYS WHAT I"M TRYING TO SAY IS
    LARRY LEVITTS IS A BIGGER AND BETTER GYM AND THE TRAINING IS UNBELEVIEBLE PLUS
    ITS ALOT CHEAPER TO