Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 6:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skepti-Claus
    But how many times do LEOs get into full on fist fights with the intent to knock someone out or seriously injure them? There's a difference between trying to restrain someone, and trying to **** them up.
    Depends on the Country or area of a Country. Don't know if it's still this way but back in the day NYC Cops started off their "questioning" by kicking your fucking ass ... just to get your attention.

While in the FRG I discovered by way of direct, personal experience that 3 Brown Shirts with a strong anti-American feeling using clubs will put you in the hospital after a nice fast ambulance ride.

No one answer to your question Phrost ... then again ... it wasn't an honest question. Just more of your goading trolling bullshit and a perfect example of why your house of cards is tumbling down right now.

You know nothing beyond the school house Phrost ... STFU.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 6:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    Out of curiosity what is your opinion on how we should train to translate fighting to the street? How do you train particularly?

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before.
    I make a distinction between "training" and "practice" so ...

Training = the raw elements of physical combat, e.g., cardio-endurance, functional strength, etc.

Practice = skill specific work, e.g., the skill to slip a strike and return strike on the move.

You have to be more specific in order for me to answer your question.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 7:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Neal's arrogance is so 1999. :eusa_snoo

Its funny to take That stance these days since the whole issue is not new and "striking grapplers hard as they are trying to take you down" is happening ALL THE TIME in the very venues he masterbates to.
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 7:46pm

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In terms of weapons -- range is a very important factor to bear in mind -- and tactics change at different ranges based on a given weapon's use.

Saying that weapon ranges are pointless is stupid. If given the option I'd rather have a machete than a knife. The range advantage is huge.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 7:53pm

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Rotten Elf
    Neal's arrogance is so 1999. :eusa_snoo

Its funny to take That stance these days since the whole issue is not new and "striking grapplers hard as they are trying to take you down" is happening ALL THE TIME in the very venues he masterbates to.
    Hitting someone hard as they attempt to close is the standard 'anti-grappple' ... and it works great if you have practiced it realistically.

The thing is there is a realistic training differential -
    1/ grapplers can practice in a realistic full contact way due to the very nature of grappling
    2/ strikers practicing to KO or badly mess up grapplers-attempting-to-close can't simulate this well enough to have as well a honed skill as grapplers. They need to practice delivering full power punches on someone actively trying to close on the them, to have as well trained skills as a grappler-attempting-to-close.
    3/ grapplers however can simply practice evading a punch as they attempt to drop someone while wearing lots of protective equipment.

Thats not to say its impossible or that its completely one-sided.

From a training perspective its geared towards the grapplers.

But when the 'attempting-to-close' action is initiated by the grappler, they might be at a higher risk during the fight, at being stopped with a punch.

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 7:54pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Depends on the Country or area of a Country. Don't know if it's still this way but back in the day NYC Cops started off their "questioning" by kicking your fucking ass ... just to get your attention.

While in the FRG I discovered by way of direct, personal experience that 3 Brown Shirts with a strong anti-American feeling using clubs will put you in the hospital after a nice fast ambulance ride.

No one answer to your question Phrost ... then again ... it wasn't an honest question. Just more of your goading trolling bullshit and a perfect example of why your house of cards is tumbling down right now.

You know nothing beyond the school house Phrost ... STFU.
    Are you capable of reasonable discussion/debate on any subject? I think I need to check your IP address against KFDW's. Either you're a gimmick version based on what he wished his real father would have been like, or you keep your feet in a mound of fire ants while you sit in front of the computer.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 10:51pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Maybe even consider pulling your head out of your self-aggrandizing asshole and take a look at the results of surveys taken of "Men of Science" with regard to belief in a Divine Creator of the Universe.
    I don't know if this particular post fell under the "throwing gasoline on the fire" portion of this thread, but on the off chance that it didn't -

Belief in a Divine Creator and belief in Intelligent Design are two different things, and the former does not necessarily imply the latter. I am quite aware that surveys of "Men of Science" indicate that many if not most scientists have some belief in the divine - you should read similar surveys and realize that almost no scientists believe in "Intelligent Design" as an alternative to evolutionary theory.

Ultimately, it is impossible to empirically prove either the existence OR nonexistence of a God. If you believe in one, that is a matter of faith, and I would never denigrate you for doing so or attempt to convince you otherwise. Not believing in evolution, however, is not a result of faith; it is a result of ignorance of biology.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 11:01pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    I don't know if this particular post fell under the "throwing gasoline on the fire" portion of this thread, but on the off chance that it didn't -

Belief in a Divine Creator and belief in Intelligent Design are two different things, and the former does not necessarily imply the latter. I am quite aware that surveys of "Men of Science" indicate that many if not most scientists have some belief in the divine - you should read similar surveys and realize that almost no scientists believe in "Intelligent Design" as an alternative to evolutionary theory.

Ultimately, it is impossible to empirically prove either the existence OR nonexistence of a God. If you believe in one, that is a matter of faith, and I would never denigrate you for doing so or attempt to convince you otherwise. Not believing in evolution, however, is not a result of faith; it is a result of ignorance of biology.
    Nicely worded and even post. However, I know a little bit of biology ... know a little bit of organic chemistry as well. The "theory" of evolution ... within this specific context ... is far too gapped out to be grasped by any means other than faith.

However, if by evolution you are referring to the post 1922 paradigms then sure ... it makes sense. Ever higher organizational structures unfolding from an enfolded Universe. I note that many proponents of such an arrangement tend to add a virtual moral qualifier. Namely, that the unfolding is inherently driven towards the good.

Regardless, I really don't care what a person chooses to believe or disbelieve. We are born dying and everyone is assured of discovering the "truth" of the matter. Date - time of revelation unknown.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 11:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skepti-Claus
    Are you capable of reasonable discussion/debate on any subject? I think I need to check your IP address against KFDW's. Either you're a gimmick version based on what he wished his real father would have been like, or you keep your feet in a mound of fire ants while you sit in front of the computer.
    Dunno ... got a few students who are cops ... couple are Narc Detectives. Kinda depends on how much stock a person would put in their accounts of "What it's really like out there." Seen some of them post encounter ... not pretty.

Fire ants are cool ... no idea on KFDW's Father. I know KFDW by way of one of my Si-hings (Older Brother w/in a Pai). Our mutual link is and was nothing to **** with ... the scars on his arms and hands from taking on Dudes using a blade are very much real. Lemon City chewed up and spit out a lot of tough guys back in the day.

Genius

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 11:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because they don't want to do anything that takes hard work. Telling people that to beat a grappler, you have to practice against grapplers isn't very marketable because it involves sweat and hard work. Telling them that they can stop any grappler with an eyepoke is very marketable because it plays to americans' most valued virtue...laziness.
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 LastLast