221948 Bullies, 4027 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 2:06am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, Anti-Grappling is still Grappling. Its just with a focus of getting back to striking.

It still has Grappling in the name doesn't it? It should really be written (anti) Grappling.
    Last edited by Dr._Tzun_Tzu; 12/23/2005 2:43am at .

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 2:12am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Grapplers don't want to admit that striking is King as that would mean they (Grapplers) are at best ... Queen.
    Don't diss Queen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 4:27am

Style: boxing/submission

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here, things are a bit different ... "proof" by way of "doing" is prized most. So far, you are -0- in the substance department
    Yea right... 'cos I'm so scared -- as everyone else -- to meet "the Beast". (are you referring to your I.Q. when calling yourself a "beast", ya prick?)

Go fukk yourself beastly :laughing9

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 5:26am

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's probably not a technical problem, it's most likely a personal problem.

FYI, we all know there are idiot traditionalists out there (sadly I get along with them great) that think the old stand up/striking game (Karate, TKD, something else) is where it's at.

But there are aslo know it all jerks (who probably don't even know how to grapple irl) that don't like what thet hear and want to "keep it real." See Dave Chappell's take on that one.

So they just diss a person's belief because they don't have the guts to diss them (using decent insults). Kinda like on Southpark where Cartman always insults Jews because he wants to hurt Kyle's feelings.

That's both sides of the argument right there, and since we all know that this post was made to make others believe that I am smarter than I actually am, I'll just state the obvious.

Are you really gonna side with the asshole (sorry about that) just because he says he's a grappler?

Oh, and I can't disagree with strategist, afterall, Chuck Liddell didn't learn "anti-grappling," he learned grappling.

Kay, rant over, attack me at will.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 5:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by strategist
    Yea right... 'cos I'm so scared -- as everyone else -- to meet "the Beast". (are you referring to your I.Q. when calling yourself a "beast", ya prick?)

Go fukk yourself beastly :laughing9
    Good of you to admit the truth of the matter ... gutless, avatar hiding, pig **** boy. Your "actions" speak for you ... all mouth - no action, ***** lips boy.

Speaking of fucking beasts ... how's your Daddy's job "cumming" along? You know, his side show freak gig raping small farm animals for fun & profit.

Your Mum still doing the neighborhood dogs is she?

Maryland Muther of All Mega TDs ... be there if you dare ... fag girlie boy.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 5:50am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skepti-Claus
    Except for the simple fact that in order to defend against grappling, you have to, you know, grapple.
    Except for the simple fact that in a fight the majority ... the wiinners ... aren't focused on "defending" against much of anything ... their sole drive is on inflicting as much damage as possible.

Except for the simple fact you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about ... but you sure like to talk a lot.

Fights aren't won by "defending" the foe into submission ... they are won by damaging him/them to the point where they are no longer capable of, or willing, to continue. The dominance of "attack" plays true even within the realm of modern warfare ... try thinking outside your comfortable little box once in a while.

We covered most of this crap 2.5 years ago. There's even an FAQ devoted to it.
    No doubts, I'm certain that if you and your happy horse **** views were the dominant theme then it was exactly as you say ... crap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 5:57am

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good of you to admit the truth of the matter ... gutless, avatar hiding, pig **** boy. Your "actions" speak for you ... all mouth - no action, ***** lips boy.

Speaking of fucking beasts ... how's your Daddy's job "cumming" along? You know, his side show freak gig raping small farm animals for fun & profit.

Your Mum still doing the neighborhood dogs is she?

Maryland Muther of All Mega TDs ... be there if you dare ... fag girlie boy.
    Your reference to animal rape instantly endears me to you, and I actually do mean that seriously. :lol:

One of my favorite meaningless threats is a graphic description of how I will rape my target's pet goldfish, which is both vivid enough to be disturbing and bizarre enough not to be taken seriously.

I love this place already. It's fucking CRAZY cool. I found a Throwdown, someone in my area I can probably spar with, and that there's a cage fighting scene in the area that I can graduate up into, what the ****!?! I had no gd idea! That's fucking brilliant! If only one of those pans out I will owe Bullshido my left testicle, and I'll put that in my will.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 6:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    Um, Anti-Grappling is still Grappling. Its just with a focus of getting back to striking.

It still has Grappling in the name doesn't it? It should really be written (anti) Grappling.
    That whole "anti-Grappling" moniker is tainted with pulp WC stench and should be shitcanned. Back in the day I never heard the "distinctions" being put out today as "Gospel" ... got knocked on your ass, best get back to your feet or deal with what was being brought to you where you were.

The whole "train to defeat a grappler" or "train to defeat a striker" is just so much bullshit put out by those looking for an angle to make money. It's pure ****.

Practice to inflict as much damage as possible and experience the differing solution sets to unarmed combat to as great a degree as possible. That's the authentic TCMA way and we were like that long before Gracie or any of the others were even born ... centuries before this idiotic "ranges of combat" ****.

With the large number of good BJJ - Grappling schools open to the public there isn't a single valid reason why anyone who pursues MA by way of primarily striking shouldn't have at least developed the skill sets associated with basic grappling. Times & things change ... those who insist on living in their own little World are clueless. Change is the constant and stasis = death.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 6:28am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G.R. Bug
    Here are some reasons and rationalizations why someone who's practiced a striking style for awhile might prefer "anti-grappling" to grappling. Many of these thoughts passed through my head at some point during my karate training:

* If you have never trained in grappling, you aren't likely to be very good at it initially. After working your way up through the ranks in a striking style, you don't want to be a beginner again.

* If you have never trained in grappling, you have a lot to learn about it. After learning all that striking stuff, you don't want to learn a lot more. It's much easier on your psyche to believe all you need is to learn a few more moves.

* If grappling is effective, and important to know, then does that mean you've wasted time and money learning a striking style?

* Those grapplers are so smug, with their billboard gis and UFC victories and Gracie challenges. You want to wipe their collective smirk right off.

* You have been told by movies, TV, comic books, your grade-school classmates, your dojo classmates and your instructor that striking styles enable you to kick everyone's ass. You don't want to acknowledge that there is a whole segment of society out these who can probably kick YOUR ass, just by virtue of the style they study.

* You have pride in your style and need to "represent" by learning to defeat grapplers, rather than sinking to their level and training in their methods.

* It looks difficult.

* You would feel uncomfortable being in close contact with another male.

* It looks strenuous.

* There's no forms competition.

and finally...

* It sure looks like being big and strong is an advantage in grappling, and the last thing you want to believe is that size and physical fitness really do have an influence on your chances of defending yourself successfully.
    You qualified everything by saying you were talking about point-fighters and form-fairies, which is probably fair enough.

I think groundwork is a useful skill. I think not doing any standup or striking at all would be unwise if you were training for self defence. I think training where you never risked getting punched in the face would be unrealistic, as this seems to be a pretty common attack in brawls I've seen.

I've seen the early UFCs, I know how useful grappling is. I just don't think it should be overlooked that all of the succesful grapplers had trained to deal with somebody trying to punch them in the face and how to take them down.

I am unsure to what degree BJJ schools (as opposed to gyms where BJJ is part of an overall MMA competition package) train in standup and hard contact striking. I would welcome the input of people who consider their style 'pure' BJJ rather than MMA.

I think somebody who only ever did ne-waza, then then said 'this **** works, look at Royce' would be deluding themselves, whereas somebody who didn't necessarily consider themselves much of a striker but did train in MMA-rules sparring with people who were good strikers and still handled themselves well would be worth listening to. I consider phrost, scrapper and anybody training at an MMA gym who happens to prefer grappling to be in this latter category.

Physical strength and fitness is also very important for standup work. It's not the only thing that matters, but it's so obvious that it would make a difference in any competition of one body against another that I'm amazed people still deny it (well not really, I understand why a krotty mcdojo would claim it for marketing reasons).

In short, grappling is really useful, but if you've never been punched in the face, you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

I do not have any groundwork to speakof myself and look forward to getting schooled at the Oxford throwdown.
    Last edited by Cullion; 12/23/2005 6:33am at .
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 6:50am

Style: boxing/submission

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahahah, you dickless moron, that's what counts for you: avatars. You're the avatar of human idiocy and frustration.

Go back to your kindergarten.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast