Application of knowledge is power.
    Sociopaths are people too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 9:16pm

Style: None, at present

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, I probably should have said that my comments were meant to represent the thoughts of people who practice striking styles in a no-contact or semi-contact format.

I don't have enough experience (yet) with hard-contact striking arts to purport to speak for those who do.

Besides, the strikers who concern themselves with "anti-grappling" would probably dismiss boxing, Muay Thai, Kyokushin, etc. as "barbaric," "limited," "not true budo," etc. I suspect full-contact kung-fu training of the sort JFS practices would probably draw a more confused reaction, such as "what is that? Well, it looks scary, so it's definitely bad, even if I'm not sure why."

Again, I'm just trying to express what an unevolved Happy Time Family Fun Center karate practitioner might think.

Cool?
    Last edited by G.R. Bug; 12/22/2005 9:54pm at .

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 9:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JFS fears no thing.

If JFS discovered something he did not understand, he would study it thoroughly before destroying it.

(Whoops, wrong thread. )

I still agreee with him though.

edit: that's right, 3 e's.
    Last edited by Neildo; 12/23/2005 12:06am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 10:49pm

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatical
    Holy ****.

What the **** is an eye HOOK?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 11:40pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Hmm, I probably should have said that my comments were meant to represent the thoughts of people who practice striking styles in a no-contact or semi-contact format."

than u should have said that, instead of looking like a underconfident tard

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 12:01am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You noobs attempting to rank on JFS should be aware that although he might not know much about the theory of evolution, he is said to be highly skilled in the practice of survival of the fittest.

Word of advice. I would be a little more cautious about who I mouthed off to.

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 12:05am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenwaMandelbrot
    You noobs attempting to rank on JFS should be aware that although he might not know much about the theory of evolution, he is said to be highly skilled in the practice of survival of the fittest.

In that case he's probably capable of making his own appeals to fear, thanks.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 12:10am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Grapplers can only value size and power (funtional strength) up to a certain level. That level ends where they end otherwise they would be forced to admit that the 'roid fueled iron heads found in gyms around the World would most likely own them in a fight.
    See, this I don't buy. Grappling can go a long way to negating functional strength and, once you've closed with someone, you've taken the power from the punches of almost everyone.

I'm not suggesting that grappling alone prepares someone for a streetfight - that would be silly. But If a person has grappling and some experience at throwing and taking punches then why is it wrong to suggest that the equation will typically be in favor of the grappler? Most strikers aren't going to deliver a knock out blow in the time it takes to close distance. Once distance has been closed and assuming the grappler has some idea of how to handle punches on the ground, it seems like a serious problem for someone who only trains in how to strike.

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 12:18am

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Now JFS, The only reason I don't do a striking only style is cause well...
    No decent strikin round here.
    I'm tryin to convince my bud whos a provincial boxer to give me private lessons (of course i'd pay him, but cheap lol)
    But the way I see it, what im trained in would be good for - bouncing - and sport fighting.
    not exactly streetfighting.
    getting bootfucked doesn't sound nice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:25am

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenwaMandelbrot

What did I say?
    Quote Originally Posted by unpossible
    I have no doubt that you would **** me up pretty bad.

Also, come to the Midwest Throwdown and beat me the **** up plz. I am new here, but not new to getting my ass kicked, and I have no doubt that I would learn a ton.

So, hi! I'm unpossible. And you are obviously retarded, but that shouldn't stand between us. Let's be friends.
    Oh yeah.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast