223511 Bullies, 3530 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 127
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 111213 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. xingyifa is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    696

    Posted On:
    12/25/2005 12:06am


     Style: none currently

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait.
    So why was the US Army Wrestling team training to take down a guy with boxing gloves on? I mean, I did wrestle a little in high school and I'm not sure exactly how this applies to the sport of wrestling... is this something uber competitive wrestlers do?
  2. xingyifa is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    696

    Posted On:
    12/25/2005 12:23am


     Style: none currently

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Nicely worded and even post. However, I know a little bit of biology ... know a little bit of organic chemistry as well. The "theory" of evolution ... within this specific context ... is far too gapped out to be grasped by any means other than faith.
    Do share. I'm finishing up degrees in both chem and bio and evolution would seem to be the most pragmatic explanation science can come up with. We can't recreate evolution from ooze to primate, so in a sense it doesn't meet the criteria of science AS A WHOLE. However, in parts, much of it has been tested and verified. Since we can't even test intelligent design AT ALL... *shrug*

    The use of the word "gapped" is significant as you're making a modified god of gaps assumption here which is a fundemental logical fallacy. I see where you're coming from in a sense, but simply saying that one sees gaps in good science doesn't make anyone else's theory or explanation more probable in a mathematically delineated universe of infinite possibilities. PM if you would like to debate this in more detail.
    Last edited by xingyifa; 12/25/2005 12:34am at .
  3. Gumby is offline

    BJJ Purple Belt

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    881

    Posted On:
    12/25/2005 2:11am


     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Yeah, go figure ... I mean we have the evolutionist 'tards who have a theory so gapped out it's beyond laughable. Sure ... the Dino. are "now" being depicted as being most like birds ... seems the "scientists" forgot to factor in things like body mass in relationship to ground density ... you know ... science.
    Its not so much the size of them, but rather the similarities they share in their structures and such. Take for example pigs and humans, which are much different in size, but nearly identical in anatomy.


    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Of course, "good science" clearly indicates we evolved from ape like creatures ... that's why there are still apes, monkeys, etc., ... right? They are just slow learners ... in fact, no fossil remains indicate "they" have made any progress ... at all.
    Thats a common misconception by most people when talking about evolution "why havent apes evolved into humans?" When you ask that question, you're assuming that humans are supposed to be the desired end product of any evolutionary chain. This is not true- life doesnt strive to be more human, but strives to survive. Apes havent evolved into humans yet because they're doing a good job right now of being apes. The same goes for birds, bacteria, and all the rest- why leave their niche of the biological system when they're doing so well?





    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Evolution ... Big Bang ... funny how all that "gas" ... and matter, which can neither be created nor destroyed, just happened to all of a sudden ... you know ... be there ... science ... hmmm ...
    Its theorized that everything was a singularity in which there was no concept of space or time. Do research on black holes, which are very real objects, and you begin to understand that the universe is so complicated that we cant even begin to understand it.



    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    I go with a Divine Creator ... if it turns out to be Darwin in White Robe ... oh well ... Hell is no stranger to me ... The BEAST

    Yet another misconception- people assume that all scientists are out to destroy god or something, but the unfortunate truth is that science and religion are in fact complete opposites of each other. Religion tells one to ignore all facts and believe blindly in what you're told to believe, whereas science says look at the evidence and make your conclusion. You can believe in the divine creator and also believe in evolution.
  4. SifuAbel is offline
    SifuAbel's Avatar

    Rock ape baby pic

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,694

    Posted On:
    12/25/2005 2:19am

    Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skepti-Claus
    Are you capable of reasonable discussion/debate on any subject? I think I need to check your IP address against KFDW's. Either you're a gimmick version based on what he wished his real father would have been like, or you keep your feet in a mound of fire ants while you sit in front of the computer.
    Wow , either you've truley gone A1 fucktard stupid and have forgotten who you are talking to, or, you are goading us to a frenzy with all this eye poke silk pajama bulldroppings strawman bullshit to distract us from the ronin v. aesop issues.

    Sly.

    Oh, and to be on topic for once in this miserable forum, there is no such thing as anti-grapple.

    There is only approach control, anti-takedown, then maybe GnP. Countering a grapple is grappling.

    P.S. I'll ignore the father reference since I know you had to write this between performing blowjobs at your other site, gloryhole.com.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 12/25/2005 2:23am at .
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.
  5. Jitsuman is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    556

    Posted On:
    12/25/2005 2:41am


     Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. haven't there been enough threads about "evolution vs. creationism"?

    2. this thread is about "anti-grappling" keep it on track.

    yeah, that's my MOD impression.

    Its the truth though.
  6. Steve Richards is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    139

    Posted On:
    12/25/2005 6:39am

    supporting member
     Style: Hap-Gar Si-Ji-Hao

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skepti-Claus
    But how many times do LEOs get into full on fist fights with the intent to knock someone out or seriously injure them? There's a difference between trying to restrain someone, and trying to **** them up.
    LEO's are a huge category, contexts differ, and so do individual Officers.

    There's plenty of restraint involved, there's also shifting contexts that turn instantly from restraint to life threatening violence, and then there's full on ambush attacks, and the need to immediately fight for your own or other peoples lives - for example as in violent domestic disputes where children's safety is compromised. The range of contexts is huge and is not matched by any other walk of life. The stakes are far higher.

    I've been in plenty of fight-for-your-life situations, I've had people try to kill me: in gangs, with weapons including gasoline, staves, knifes, a crossbow, bricks, dogs, you name it. I've been hospitalized more times than I can remember, in fact I left the Police as a result of the aftermath of a head injury in a riot, I'd have been killed, if I hadn't been pulled out by brother officers.

    Police Officers do a lot of restraint, of course they do, but they also have to face drug dealers, terrorists, armed criminals of all kinds, and you may have to do this without warning maybe after walking the streets at night in the rain for 8 hours - when you'd just rather go home. they work undercover which is a risk category all on its own.

    Sport fighting is tough, but its another context. It should be accepted on those terms, it isn't a like-for-like comparisson.

    It would be wrong to ask how often sports athletes face full on riots, get stabbed, shot, have to deal with death on the floor in front of them (of civilians or colleagues) or ask them to fight for their lives wearing cumbersome uniforms in the dark.

    Context is everything.

    Steve.
  7. Guerrero is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    291

    Posted On:
    12/25/2005 9:14am


     Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    Its not so much the size of them, but rather the similarities they share in their structures and such. Take for example pigs and humans, which are much different in size, but nearly identical in anatomy.




    Thats a common misconception by most people when talking about evolution "why havent apes evolved into humans?" When you ask that question, you're assuming that humans are supposed to be the desired end product of any evolutionary chain. This is not true- life doesnt strive to be more human, but strives to survive. Apes havent evolved into humans yet because they're doing a good job right now of being apes. The same goes for birds, bacteria, and all the rest- why leave their niche of the biological system when they're doing so well?







    Its theorized that everything was a singularity in which there was no concept of space or time. Do research on black holes, which are very real objects, and you begin to understand that the universe is so complicated that we cant even begin to understand it.






    Yet another misconception- people assume that all scientists are out to destroy god or something, but the unfortunate truth is that science and religion are in fact complete opposites of each other. Religion tells one to ignore all facts and believe blindly in what you're told to believe, whereas science says look at the evidence and make your conclusion. You can believe in the divine creator and also believe in evolution.
    Thanx for posting this stuff up Gumby. You da man!!! I'm going to copy your post and e-mail it to my friend who I was having a debate with about evolution vs creationism. She brought up the Ape argument herself. And the last part of your post rings so true. If there is one thing I remember about science, It is that a Theory cannot be proven, it can only be supported or disproven. I respect ppls religious views... but as far as I'm concerned...Science=logical reasoning and religion=blind faith.
  8. JFS USA is offline

    Converter of Virgins

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland Area
    Posts
    3,837

    Posted On:
    12/25/2005 9:18am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xingyifa
    Wait.
    So why was the US Army Wrestling team training to take down a guy with boxing gloves on? I mean, I did wrestle a little in high school and I'm not sure exactly how this applies to the sport of wrestling... is this something uber competitive wrestlers do?
    Dude, try to read with comprehension. They weren't "training" as such ... it was a bunch of guys interested in roughing it up to see what shook out of it. They were a naturally aggressive sort who weren't afraid to take a shot at something outside the box.

    If you are attempting to call into question my credibility or integrity you are pissing against the wind. I've withstood more scrutiny and requirements of "proof" than anyone on this forum.

    Things were and are exactly as I state them. Unlike the majority of peeps on this forum I actually have LIVED a rather full and interesting life. Most of you are stuck trying to fabricate something worth reading about.
  9. JFS USA is offline

    Converter of Virgins

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland Area
    Posts
    3,837

    Posted On:
    12/25/2005 9:31am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    Its not so much the size of them, but rather the similarities they share in their structures and such. Take for example pigs and humans, which are much different in size, but nearly identical in anatomy.
    Yeah, the "similarities" ... which "escaped" detection and noting by "science" for how many years?

    Thats a common misconception by most people when talking about evolution "why havent apes evolved into humans?" When you ask that question, you're assuming that humans are supposed to be the desired end product of any evolutionary chain. This is not true- life doesnt strive to be more human, but strives to survive. Apes havent evolved into humans yet because they're doing a good job right now of being apes.
    Dude, you are clueless. Within the range of survival the Human Condition rules. We are echelons above any thing else and most definitely represent a superior end product in evolution. Yeah, right, it was only the primates in certain locations that were forced to evolve ... the rest were - are doing so well. That's why absent Government intervention the only "surviving" apes would be in fucking zoos.

    The same goes for birds, bacteria, and all the rest- why leave their niche of the biological system when they're doing so well?
    Cite to the specific factors that resulted in variation - evolution that resulted in our coming into being. Seems a reasonable thing to simply recreated those conditions and *presto* ape turns (selects out to) Human. You post speculation and thread bare theory as if it's fact ... fact is ... what you posted is bullshit.

    Its theorized that everything was a singularity in which there was no concept of space or time. Do research on black holes, which are very real objects, and you begin to understand that the universe is so complicated that we cant even begin to understand it.
    Do some research on Black Matter and you will begin to realize that your posting as if you know anything is suspect at best ... same applies to me.

    Yet another misconception- people assume that all scientists are out to destroy god or something, but the unfortunate truth is that science and religion are in fact complete opposites of each other. Religion tells one to ignore all facts and believe blindly in what you're told to believe, whereas science says look at the evidence and make your conclusion. You can believe in the divine creator and also believe in evolution.
    Dude, go **** yourself. Those that truly hold to a belief in God don't sweat out what some tax payer supported shitrat in a white lab coat does or says. WTF is your malfunction? A belief as such neither requires nor solicits "proof" within the realm of the rational ... mutually exclusive.

    Your (mis)understanding of Religion is laughable. The only body of information screaming for blind belief is the tax payer gobbling **** god of science. The NIH spills millions of dollars down the the tubes in support of Universities whose sole purpose is to continue the existence of the institution. It's a fucking racket ... a rigged game ... and like much of what passes for "science" totally dishonest.

    I've studied the authoritative texts of more than a few Religions and the key is inclusion not exclusion you fucking narrow minded bigot. Now go play with your Legos and try not to get into any trouble today. The BEAST
  10. JFS USA is offline

    Converter of Virgins

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland Area
    Posts
    3,837

    Posted On:
    12/25/2005 9:36am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Rotten Elf
    Wow , either you've truley gone A1 fucktard stupid and have forgotten who you are talking to, or, you are goading us to a frenzy with all this eye poke silk pajama bulldroppings strawman bullshit to distract us from the ronin v. aesop issues.

    Sly.

    Oh, and to be on topic for once in this miserable forum, there is no such thing as anti-grapple.

    There is only approach control, anti-takedown, then maybe GnP. Countering a grapple is grappling.

    P.S. I'll ignore the father reference since I know you had to write this between performing blowjobs at your other site, gloryhole.com.
    I'm still waiting for SepticTankClown to post up about how his boyfriend Osiris posted all tough and then BACKED DOWN IN PUBLIC when I called him on his bullshit.

    Don't try that "it's between you and him" **** Phrost. Osiris Reps you and this forum. Your attempts at saving face are paper thin. Then you were so fucking brain dead as to try to smear me as a "too deadly to spar" weenie. **** Phrost, you are less than a fucking idiot ... you are hysterically funny STUPID ... boy. The BEAST
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 111213 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.