228413 Bullies, 4298 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 1:14am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did a Rigan Machado Seminar many years ago. I was wearing some Leung Ting AWTO pants with our logo on them. Rigan walked around meeting everyone, and when he got to me, he looked at my pants, smiled, and said "Drunken Monkey" which ting has a booklet on. Rigan later, from his back, demonstrated an awsome skill of "monkey" legs locking and throwing down standing opponents. Miny where sim to moves in Drunken monkey. This does not mean he ever studied WT, but he knew the connection. My favorite was a move standing face to face, he fell back, hooked the leg as he went through the legs, then stod up behind the guy. The guy ended on the floor on his face with his leg locked in Rigand leg. Brutal!!!

At the end he also took each of us from standing, face to face, much like Chi Sau. WC Rolling then trap, or choke, or armbar. again, i do not think he took WC but he knew what it was and could do it. I was the only Chunner there....

I think that website is full of ****, by the way......Gracies are not takeing WC for any reason other than to come up with ways to try and beat them, if they are taking WC at all.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 8:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A while ago, Carlson Gracie and Samuel Kwok, WC wiz, held a series of joint BJJ/WC seminars. I think this is where this particularily retarded piece of chunning propaganda comes from.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 10:31am

Style: Hung fa Yi wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This is taken way out of context!

First I would like to say that this post is taken out of context. If you look closer at other areas on the HFY108 forum you will see that there is no one range of combat better then any other. The fact that you must not be innocent in any aspect of combat. This was demonstrated early on by the Gracies in the start of UFC. Now it just seems that the playing field is now leveling. (strickers and grapplers)

I have studied many versions and lineages of Wing Chun in the past (from empty hands, dummy to knives) and one of the things that really helped me identify with Hung fa yi is that it does address all areas of combat from stand up long range to the ground. It is not something that was added after the pick up in interest of ground fighting. It is something that simply fits in the logic of the system. It's not from a "anti" Point of view. You will also find that all aspects are trained and not limited to doing a form of Chi Sau or kiu sau.

This system ask you to look beyond the technique and look at the concepts and principles. I think all martial artist can identfy with Time,space and energy as the factors that govern what is effective and less effective. Hung Fa Yi's approach goes to not only being more effective but efficient. Not saying other approaches are any less effective. The consistancy of this system is beyond anything I have experienced. This system does not only ask you to measure things by being effective but also to ask the question of "What is most effeicent?". You may not be able to identfy with Hung fa Yi. That's cool no one said Hung Fa Yi was for everyone. It's not for everybody. I can only say that I can identify with it's approach. No one ever said one style can beat another. This all comes down to the individual no matter how you slice it.

I can only speak from my experiences. Just last year I worked as a bouncer so I really had a chance to put alot of things to a test. I'm a rather big guy (300lbs) and I quite a few experiences with guys much larger then myself and what I've learned in my Hung Fa Yi training really helped me not only overcome larger and multiple people. But it also allowed me to control them and the situation.
    Last edited by Chango; 12/25/2005 10:35am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 11:27am

Style: Ex-HFYWC, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chango
    First I would like to say that this post is taken out of context.
    Greetings Chango. I must respectfully disagree, for I fail to see what's out of context here.

Did, or did not, "duende" claim that the Gracies are learning Wing Chun?

Did, or did not, JamesHFY imply that Hung Fa Yi is a complete system that can deal with ground fighting? [But only if one does NOT go to the ground of course!]

This all comes down to the individual no matter how you slice it.
    Indeed. Because's there's no such thing as a "complete system", contrary to what many of your Hung Fa Yi sihingdai constantly claim.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 12:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you look closer at other areas on the HFY108 forum you will see that there is no one range of combat better then any other. The fact that you must not be innocent in any aspect of combat.
    You mention both range and aspect of combat. Are these two different things, or are they the same?

I know you guys arrange your curriculum along the lines of "the four ranges of combat." (Long Kick, Long Strike, Trapping and Grappling). In addition to HFY per se, you do a lot of "saan kiu training" to make sure you can do things in these various ranges. But aren't the HFY techniques you learn primarily for the trapping range? And doesn't your "grappling range" stuff consist of "anti-takedown drills" so that you can break a clinch and return to a standing phase of combat?

So what IF you go to the ground? What HFY techniques per se can assist you once you're on the ground?

I would say "aspects of combat" would be more like phases of combat: free-standing, grappling and ground. From the looks of it, you guys don't do the latter at all.

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 2:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: HFYWCK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello!

I just made a post but i lost it! oops!
    Someone mention my name?
    Hello, and season greatings!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 4:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFYofAZ
    Someone mention my name?
    Yes. That would be I! Welcome to the party bro.

Did, or did not you imply in that thread that I linked, that Hung Fa Yi is a "complete system" that can deal with ground fighting?

Hey, while you're at it, ask "duende" about his claim that the Gracies are learning Wing Chun, if you'd be so kind! Nobody here's heard about this yet.

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 4:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: HFYWCK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, and I stand behind what I say! Did you automatically assume that I mean on the ground, you’re wrong!
    Added: I used to train in BJJ and loved it, even now I "play" once and awhile. Just so you don't think I'm anti grappling.
    Peace!
    Last edited by JamesHFYofAZ; 12/25/2005 4:57pm at .

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How the hell did you go from BJJ to WC? That's like going from a Lexus to a pair of Nikes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 7:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFYofAZ
    Yes, and I stand behind what I say!
    Hung Fa Yi is a complete system?

What does it mean for a system to be "complete"? Is such a thing even possible? I don't need Gödel's Theorem to tell me there's no such thing: your system is a striking-free-movement-phase style, like most other CMAs. It doesn't train in groundfighting.

And how do you know it's complete?

How could you know it's complete?

BTW: how long did you train in BJJ bro?
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast