--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Grappling with a club

I was wondering if any of you had read any of Gene Lebells grappling with a club books? Whats your thoughts on it?
    My instructor has showed us a few locks and stuff that a short stick can amplify along with some chokes. I rember reading about that football player who was choked to death in that fight at a Mc Donalds drive thru and that the guy was using a flashlight in the choke.(Maglight I would guess)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What length of club? FMAs have stick grappling - check out the Dog Brothers for some more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

and good morning to you too supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My thought - it's only situationaly useful so I'm not going out of my way to train it.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had the book (or one of the books) years ago. It wasn't good enough for me to keep it.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's useful if you think you're gonna be grappling with cops anytime soon. There's actually a couple of officers in my school, and the occasionally practice with their flashlights and nightsticks.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never heard of the books, but I have done stick grappling techniques in my time. Good tool to have, but not as good as the good old free swing.

I'd suggest staying away from books to learn things, that isw unless you have a good base in an art already.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taijutsu's stick work with the Hanbo (3 foot stick) is almost all grappling. Check out Hatsumi's book Stickfighting. It's been out of print for years, but Barnes and Noble ALWAYS has a copy.

That streetfight where that guy got choked to death, there was a flashlight, but I don't believe it was used in the choke.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys. We got 3 Ky state troopers and 2 city cops in our class so thats why we have been covering some of that stuff.