Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: TKD vs. KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TKD vs. KK

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...033916&q=fight

Im still pretty surprised it ended how it did. Seriously, how the hell did he not see that coming? He ran from across the ring!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that was a cool ass clip

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes good find

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that KK guy must be real embarassed to get defeated with a flying side kick LMAo.
    cool video

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone else find the KK fighter's stance and technique to be a bit strange? He seemed to adopt the TKD side stance far too often, and left his hands down a lot. It makes me think that the KK guy and his crew entered into an Olympic TKD tournament even though he wasn't really prepared for that competition format.

Most KK 6th Kyus are bad ass, let along yudansha. I have a hard time thinking that a KK blackbelt would get so owned if he competed on his own rules...but then again, it really is all about stylist and not style.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did notice that he dropped his hands and bounced around alot.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, a KK blackbelt who may or may not be world class looses to an Olympic athlete in a venue that the Olympian is probably more schooled in. Truely shocking.

Now, I'm not sure if they meant "Olympic" as Olympic rules or as in the TKDist was on an Olympic team. But if it is the latter then this really shouldn't have been a surprising result.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    seriously put your hands up damnit!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Te(V)plar
    Im still pretty surprised it ended how it did. Seriously, how the hell did he not see that coming? He ran from across the ring!
    I don't think he saw it coming, because if you look at the response of the ref, it looks like he restarted the fight before the karate guy was looking.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori
    Did anyone else find the KK fighter's stance and technique to be a bit strange? He seemed to adopt the TKD side stance far too often, and left his hands down a lot. It makes me think that the KK guy and his crew entered into an Olympic TKD tournament even though he wasn't really prepared for that competition format.

Most KK 6th Kyus are bad ass, let along yudansha. I have a hard time thinking that a KK blackbelt would get so owned if he competed on his own rules...but then again, it really is all about stylist and not style.
    So he didn't have t3h r34l kyokushin?
    How do you know it was WTF rules? I didn't see anyplace that specifies what rules were used or where this took place; just that it featured a TKD guy and came from a TDK source. Now, I laugh at TKD McDojangs as much as the next Bullshido member, but it seems there is a bias here that misses the obvious empirical truth: a TKD blackbelt kicked the crap out of a kyokusin blackbelt in what looked like a full-contact tournament. TKD wins again... er... once.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last