BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 9:39pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The _ing _un Anti Grapple!

http://www.mmaportal.com/idealbb/fil...pling-big.html

You'll have to go ahead and excuse me if I think that this is complete and udder bullshit.

They cant even do a double leg, besides the fact they're trying it from 10 feet away, and a few minutes in how the guy doesnt know whether to try a drop seo nagi (sp?) or an arm drag.

About 1/4 the way through- I LOVE the demo where the guy on the bottom of cross side escapes with a face slap, in which the guy on top goes completely limp and rolls away.....
    Last edited by Gumby; 12/20/2005 9:41pm at .

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 10:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not defending the bad techniques on that video, but you need to take into account that the average twat out to pick a fight with you doesn't know how to do any kind of fancy takedown besides the bum rush, which seems to be what the techniques are designed to defend. My sound is broken though: Does he say that it will be effective against actual trained grapplers or is it a street self defense thing?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 10:39pm

Style: BJJ/ Judo/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got about a thrid thru that, It's long really long. It just seemed to be one guy doing a half assed crappy take down and the other guy rabbit punching then kicking until the uke went limp. No resistnace from what I saw. In a few instances it looked as if they wanted to they could have pulled off and arm bar extremely easley.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 11:04pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    Not defending the bad techniques on that video, but you need to take into account that the average twat out to pick a fight with you doesn't know how to do any kind of fancy takedown besides the bum rush, which seems to be what the techniques are designed to defend. My sound is broken though: Does he say that it will be effective against actual trained grapplers or is it a street self defense thing?
    Why would that even begin to matter? Either it's effective or it's not effective. If it's only effective if the person is unskilled, or blind, or in a coma, then it doesn't work.

That vid reminds me of something i see a lot in WC vids - people falling over after 3 or 4 crappy jabs to the face. WTF? Are WC people extra fragile?
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 11:14pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Techniques are worthless against real fighters.

However, I can see them working against the average guy on the street. (aka some of my non-ma friends)

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 11:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I changed my mind. They wouldn't even work against my friends.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 11:16pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    goddamn it i want to see this travesty but my piece of **** mac wont play the video.

any tips?
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 11:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Through a piece of meat between two stray dogs. It will reproduce this video.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 11:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool. Actually I just looked out the window and a small dog tried to bite somebody's leg off while he wiped snow off his car windsheild, so I'm basically satisfied.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    12/21/2005 3:36am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF? Actually, everyone's sound is broken on this clip; the vid in in espanol. And I really wanted to know what they're saying. :qbluewack

I'm actually very curious as to why the instructor was using hammerfist techniques that didn't seem to generate any force, in place of the standard, elbow in, pushing-off WC/VT punch-to-the-throat that I probably throw 5000 times each class. He doesn't seem to root himself in his stance or shift in his stance much either, which is bread and butter to the WC/VT I'm used to, especially when grappling arises. This looks to me almost like... dare I say it... WC/VT MMA? I see lots of shoulder moving, footwork, and a moving away from the standard elbow positioning that I'm familiar with. Huh.

Plus, they don't seem to be following WC/VT rule numero quatro: constant forward energy. But bleah, now I feel like I'm starting to exibit that WC/VT Family-Feud war tendancy that everyone here hates. :confused2

Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    Through a piece of meat between two stray dogs. It will reproduce this video.
    You get bonus points++ for best line of the night.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast