Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 10:35am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are there any Systema instructors down Oxford way ?
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 10:51am

Style: BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I've said before, Systema has some neat things in it. Even in that regard, I would never, EVER do some of their knife defenses.

Especially like those seen on that Discovery style program. Oh lord...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 12:42pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @RobG

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm just not desperate and/or socially retarded enough to having to earn probs on any internet discussion group to feel good.

Saw this video, thought "mother of troy...", maybe someone else wants to see it.

I also already made an agreement with some guys to visit V.V. next time we are near Münster.

So here is what aroused my suspicion of bullshido:

a) In the beginning when the other guy punches him, what exactly is he demonstrating? What a tough guy he is or a technique to defend from punches by twisting his upper body?

b) When beeing "attacked" by a number of opponents, i dont see any special technique in his evasive maneuvers. If thats all he got, he would get his ass kicked if the other guys would really go for it.

c) His training partners act like dolls when he demonstrates the techniques on them. I also think most of the stuff wouldnt work in a real situation.

I dont doubt that he is strong and/or fast, and he sure can kick, but from what I see on that video, my common sense tells me that this system isnt any good.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:31pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Systema is one of many arts praticed by Russian Special Forces. For the most part each base commander has a strong say in what is taught, for some it is Karate, for a few it is Systema. The greatest majority of people though train in Sambo, and that includes Russian Special Forces.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:32pm

Style: Systema

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please make the trip then comment. At least you will talking from experience. Valentine is more than capable of giving you the answers you are looking for. I know I was one of the rag dolls you are talking about.

Paul Genge

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 1:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cullion - try http://www.systemauk.com/classes.htm

I think the closest would be Maidenhead.

"Chris"
    a) demoing different ways to take strikes

b) It's not all his got - far from it. And you are right, there aren't any "special techniques", just good movement

c) It's a demo of a particualr point or principle not a fight. And it does. Otherwise we wouldn't do it.

Here's our latest clip of a trainng session from a couple of weeks back, based around common types of attack
    http://www.systemauk.com/video/NSD01.WMV

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 8:29pm

Style: Systema/ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Vvasilev

Please, the guys in Germany. Go and train, you will not be disappointed. I look forward to your comments. This guy is a real martial artist, can walk the walk etc. What have you got to lose like Paul said, at least you have earned the right to pass judement.
    Vinny Campbell

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 9:04pm

Style: MuayThai & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

re

Quote Originally Posted by RobP

Here's our latest clip of a trainng session from a couple of weeks back, based around common types of attack
    http://www.systemauk.com/video/NSD01.WMV
    this doesnt look any different from the last vid? contrived, compliant and not likely to work at all, is how it still looks to me.

reminiscent of Aikido demonstrations in fact.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 11:37pm

Style: Russian boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by iNF
    @RobG

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm just not desperate and/or socially retarded enough to having to earn probs on any internet discussion group to feel good.

Saw this video, thought "mother of troy...", maybe someone else wants to see it.

I also already made an agreement with some guys to visit V.V. next time we are near Münster.

So here is what aroused my suspicion of bullshido:

a) In the beginning when the other guy punches him, what exactly is he demonstrating? What a tough guy he is or a technique to defend from punches by twisting his upper body?

b) When beeing "attacked" by a number of opponents, i dont see any special technique in his evasive maneuvers. If thats all he got, he would get his ass kicked if the other guys would really go for it.

c) His training partners act like dolls when he demonstrates the techniques on them. I also think most of the stuff wouldnt work in a real situation.

I dont doubt that he is strong and/or fast, and he sure can kick, but from what I see on that video, my common sense tells me that this system isnt any good.

Hey man, this is Bullshido. Either you put up...or you...well you know the rest.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 8:28am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLuv
    Hey man, this is Bullshido. Either you put up...or you...well you know the rest.
    So when is systema going to put up some good and convincing training, done at a real speed with real contact?

For your sakes please don't mention the last UK throwdown; it's depressing to think that that's the pinnacle of systema's achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast