Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 8:36pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Systema UK Bullshido

Did a search, found nothing, hope this hasnt been here before, here is the link:

http://www.systemauk.com/video/VV805.WMV

What can I say? I dont know what it is, they claim its "Martial Arts" or something...

gX, Chris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 9:11pm

Style: BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, Systema is pretty widely known around here. You sure you searched?

I don't like most of their stuff, but I can say I've met some Systema guys that can hit hard as hell and can take some pretty hard hits as well.
    Last edited by BudoBuyu; 12/20/2005 9:16pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 7:38am

Style: casual

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems pretty clear that no searching was done...and on THIS particular site - a 'noob' with a first post trying to earn props from this crew by bashing any m.a. without a lil more content...always suspect.

Do some homework and actually do 'the work' with a Systemist before you throw down the gauntlet.....the UK 'crew' would welcome you with open arms.

After that..when you have real time content to post -- then PLEASE do so.
    Clips are hardly the basis for any real deal/real time conversation. If you wish to build any form of rep on this site...and refuse or 'cant afford to attend' a real time session with ANY exponent - then pick an easier target like Ashida Kim --- or else? Sit back and STFU!

Quiet kid, ya bother me -- (W.C Fields)...there are adults talking here..(at least most times).
    Last edited by RobG; 12/22/2005 7:41am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 8:43am

Style: Systema

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I note your location is Germany. Use that fabulous public transport system you have over there and make your way to Munster. That is where the instructor in the video (Valentine Vasiliev) teaches. Not only will it save you a flight to the UK, you will be able to ask your questions direct to the person you are trying to bad mouth.....

Have fun.

Paul Genge
    Russian Martial Arts Northwest (UK)

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 10:43am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Systema was the MA of the Soviet SF (spetznaz) as wellas the KGB and is reputed to be very effective.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 11:06am

Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very fast hands, especially for a guy his age.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 8:30pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm totally undecided without actually training with the guys.

But damn, there were a few movements there that were seriously fast.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 11:22pm

Style: Thai boxing , JJ ,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only systema I have seen myself came by way of Cuba , the hand to hand was okay ,but the knife work was great ,very very fast.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 6:00am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rexkwon
    The only systema I have seen myself came by way of Cuba , the hand to hand was okay ,but the knife work was great ,very very fast.
    That's interesting.

I have liked some of what I've seen in Systema video clips
    (the physical exercises for all over strength looked hard, there was some sparring, and some of the drills definitely looked alive/resistant. The older Vasiliev brother certainly looks very fast and agile).

Enough that I am curious about the system.

One of the doubts I had about it was whether or not Systema was really used in Soviet military/intelligence training in the way claimed, or whether it was a more recent concoction put together by a few Russian ex-military people who then claimed it was the 'uber KGB bodyguard martial art' for marketing purposes.

If you know of cubans trained by the old soviet ally, then that would support the case that Systema really was some kind of formal training programme in the old soviet intelligence/SF apparatus.

I still think that some of the knife defences look scary.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 6:47am

Style: Systema

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only way you will know if Systema is for you is to try. This is the same as any other martial art in that respect.

In Moscow we met various serving and ex-millitary people including a major in the GRU and a member of the team from Nordorf. We also spent time on the Vityaz Special Forces base. If that does not convince you of the link nothing else will. Also try watching the Gowarrior episode on the Russian Martial Arts. You will see the link there as well.

Having said all that the link in itself means nothing. What is important is what these people have to teach. The only thing with Systema in the UK is that the standards vary. If looking for a club contact either Rob P or myself on this forum and we will try and point you in the right direction.

Paul Genge
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast