• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 6:28pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Have you had to deal with this one?

Right now I'm kind of milling over an e-mail, thinking on how I'm going to say this.

The place where I most recently trained was more or less my favorite place I've ever trained. While I was in college they moved to a place inordinately far away and I just can't get there. Now I'm looking at a new place and I feel a need to tell my old coach that I'm not coming back.

I'm fairly sure it's not a big deal. However, this was the first dude who I felt didn't overcharge or tack on expenses. The place I'm going to, a relatively big bjj place, I'm almost certain will overcharge me in some way. So, while I want to train again and this new place is more than likely the best one I'll be able to regularly attend, I just feel a little guilty about the whole thing.

Has anyone else had to deal with this?

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 6:39pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you really want to do it right, tell him what you just wrote in person.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 6:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our club changed location about two years ago, and it kind of sucks for some people.
    Personally, If I was in a situation where I could not possibly make it to my club anymore . I would just start boxing again (the gym is within walking distance) and do the private lesson thing when I was able to.
    I hope that this other club you are going to at least has some quality instruction and some solid members to compensate for the fact that you are losing out on training where you really want to be.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 6:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    If you really want to do it right, tell him what you just wrote in person.
    Yes. I knew I forgot to say something.. DUH!
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 6:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah Evolution moved to Rocky Point that's fucking far. And where are you going now?

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 6:53pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We moved last February. We lost some members (I've considered switching for a couple of reasons--distance being one of them--but have decided to stick with the same crew as long as I am in Louisville because I like the way a couple of the purple belts have revamped class), but the owner didn't take offense. He knew it could happen. Hopefully your instructor will be as understanding. If not, there's not much you can do. You should definitely tell him about your situation in person, though.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 7:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I told my instructor I was leaving in person, and I felt really bad because I left because I was looking for something different, with full contact competitions and I was just getting into boxing at the time.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/20/2005 10:15pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanukah Harry
    Yeah Evolution moved to Rocky Point that's fucking far. And where are you going now?
    Did you train at Evo or did you just remember that's where I was going?

If the former, who are you and how's Doug?

I'll be starting with the Serra brothers once I get my schedule good again. I haven't met them in person yet. The membership was a gift from my family because they knew I'd want to train when I got back.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    12/21/2005 12:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I took a intro class at Evolution when it was in Massapequa at the Ju Jitsu school. I really liked the class but the schedule wasn't really good for me. I also remember that you trained there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2005 2:08pm

Style: Lazy Spectator

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Texas the definition of "far" may be a bit different. How far away is the gym now? And is driving that far at least once a week/month an option?

I'm considering going to a better version of my school that's roughly 70 miles away and weighing the pros/cons of making the trip. I figure if I do it once a week and train the rest of the time closer to home, then I'll be better off than I am now.
    Last edited by Sford; 12/21/2005 2:12pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast