Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 1:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kengou
    What are peoples' experience with the Invisible Collar? I tried applying it on a friend of mine without resistance, just to test it out, and he tapped pretty quickly and said it felt like a choke. Bravo's book says it's just a pain move (jabbing elbow into collar bone) and I don't see how it could be otherwise, unless I was pushing my forearm into the side of his throat inadvertantly. Does my friend just have a low pain tolerance, or is there more to this position than a simple pain hold?
    The nature of the overhook on his arm pulls his entire torso to the side, effectively pressing the side of his neck into the forearm that you're driving down, so it does pressure the artery there and I've felt light-headed from an Invisible Collar before.

Whether or not somebody would actually go unconscious if you held it long enough though, I don't know. It seems unlikely, since you're not doing anything to constrict the artery on the other side of the neck, but I've never actually choked anyone to completion with anything before, and don't really know the biology behind it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 3:51pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have the Twister, I think Bravo is a druggy and his comedy is kind of sucky, but his Jiujitsu is still awesome.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 8:57pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuKen
    It seems unlikely, since you're not doing anything to constrict the artery on the other side of the neck,
    If you're squeezing inwards with the leg, you could be pushing the shoulder into the neck on the other side, thus cutting it off like a triangle.

I've never even tried for the Invisible Collar, though, so I don't know if that's actually what's happening there or if it's even possible with the leverage involved.

I think I'll grab a willing dummy and give it a try tomorrow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2006 9:00pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Err, try out an invisible collar first. I don't see how you can put any appreciable force into their other shoulder.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234