Page 11

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 3:10pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think breaking the guard this way, and I can't remember if they have any knee-through passes, where you drive the knee through the guard. They probably do, since they cover passing over, under and around the leg -- I just can't remember.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 3:11pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you're right, it's on page 11, at least the break part.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 3:12pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do they do the knee break with their head on the stomach and butt in the air like I described?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 3:13pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no, he just has his hands in the armpits and the head low near the stomach. butt is close to being on knees.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:37pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting counter I did last night a couple of times. Now, I'm a noob, and the other guy was a noob, but somebody might get something out of this. Plus I'm not a total noob.

The guy was trying to knee through my guard, but not controlling my body with anything worth mentioning. He was upright, had one knee through my legs. From my perspective, on my back: His right knee is coming through my legs, placing it on the mat next to my right hip. His left leg is out posted. His body is upright, hands on my knees trying to open my guard. (this is where he did not control my body.)

Just for a laugh, I sat up, reached my left arm around the back of his head and grabbed his right lapel. (Practically in the RNC position) Then I posted with my right arm and right leg, pulled as hard as I could with my left arm, pushed my hips up and over, switched my legs, and flipped him onto his back, with me landing in side control. I did this three times in a row.

Did I describe that okay? Anybody done anything similar? I heard my instructor laugh and say 'kakoui' when I did it but nothing more than that...
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 3:56pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like a scissors sweep -- just using the gi to get the top part.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 6:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An old thread I realize but some advice would be most welcome. This deals with passing the guard, especially using the knee through pass. I was taught to create space by either pushing on the belt (Gi) or pushing the abdomen or armpits (no Gi). Then, I would place
    my knee aligned with their right buttcheek (reverse for left side passing), posting the other knee at a 90 degree angle, sit back and pass the first knee through.

I was getting triangled, double arm-locked and swept multiple times last night trying to perform this knee through pass. first by a fellow noob. His guard was very good and he had really long legs. He also kept sitting up on me and creeping up his guard. The second fellow student was more experienced and kept sitting up as he had me in his guard. He is a bit stronger than me so I could not flatten him out. I was posturing up and attempting to press on his abdomen. He kept sweeping me pretty easy. My base was not as wide as it should have been so I corrected that.

These were the two main problem areas I had last night. I also tried breaking guard
    with elbows inside of thighs, but both kept sitting up and grabbing my head.

Any pictures or advice anyone may have to better pass the guard would be great! I have about 2 1/2 months experience so far.

Thank you for your help.

Al

AL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12