Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 7:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tired of so called "MMA" in UFC

*groan*.... even the thread title makes no sense.

I don't have the energy to go it alone on this one. Just another reminder of why I don't even bother posting there anymore. On that board I am just too outnumbered and the groupthink is too strong and the moderation is too heavy. It takes all the fun out of ridiculing people.

When a topic like this one:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=39598

....can be taken seriously...what else is there to say. And some of those guys are even adults....MOST of them. Maybe I'm just feeling unispired at the moment. There just seems like sooooo much wrong with the entire "deabte". It is so 90's. :laughing3
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 8:17am

supporting member
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a nice one:

ufc fighters are about conditioning and being able to take it as opposed to really being into martial arts.
    I remember I bought an issue of Kungfu magazine some years ago. The first time ever I heard of Stav (just an ad though). There was some stupid **** from James Lacey in it also. It really opened my eyes to how much bullshido there is out there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 8:48am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar

I don't have the energy to go it alone on this one. Just another reminder of why I don't even bother posting there anymore. On that board I am just too outnumbered and the groupthink is too strong and the moderation is too heavy. It takes all the fun out of ridiculing people.

....can be taken seriously...what else is there to say. And some of those guys are even adults....MOST of them. Maybe I'm just feeling unispired at the moment. There just seems like sooooo much wrong with the entire "deabte". It is so 90's. :laughing3

I read it. 3 posts containing weird statements, but the rest all seemed to say that the UFC fighters were most effective if they cross-trained, and Kung Fu Magazine was stupid for saying they were not martial artists.

didn't see your point really, just seems like you were trying to stir some ****.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 8:52am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "ufc fighters are about conditioning and being able to take it as opposed to really being into martial arts."

What they say is true, from a certain point of view. :tongue11:

Their bizzaro-world version of martial arts is probably limited to blowing asian cultures, perfecting weird dance forms and working on inner peace or chi or "respect for the master".
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 8:52am

Style: Hwardo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That has to be the worse quote ever, "ufc fighters are about conditioning and being able to take it as opposed to really being into martial arts." In just about every fight I have seen, they keep talking about how winded so and so is. In fact, just this past Saturday on UFC Unlimited, Bonner was fighting and throughout the entire fight, Joe was saying how winded Bonner and his opponent were. I believe the fighters in the UFC are all about ending the fight as soon as possible. As far as being martial artists, on Saturdays show, they had a guy from Chicago who apparently did not have any MA training, just a really good street fighter, good striker but not G and P, he took a flying knee to the head and was out cold. :read:

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 9:29am

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the first post make me shocked at the stupidity..
    LEG KICK!!!1111
    tard

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 9:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar

Omar, I'm confused too, what's so bad about this convo? People aren't sitting there spouting how they can't use their iron palm or chi powers in UFC... didn't even see mention about the eye gouge or complaining about the fact that there's a ring, no glass or lava on the ground. All the things you see in a typical bullshido whining convo about UFC isn't on that page... Soem people on there even seemed knowledgeable about some of the fighters.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 9:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok yea the "LEG KICK" part was kind of down syndrome ish but I think they got back on track

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 2:30pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    Oh that's right I forgot. I read that article too, so guys who fight aren't martial artists but guys who pull trucks with their private parts or balance on their heads are. Glad we got that cleared up 7*
    I don't know who this guy is, but I think he belongs over here if he isn't already a Bullshido user.

Edit: Seriously, there are actually some really good posts by users over there. This isn't the total headache I thought it was going to be.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 3:31pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to see more knees hitting noses, elbows hitting jaws, and
    snap kicks. I use almost all kicks when I fight. I'll be doing some amatuer
    cage fights over the next couple years.
    Yeah, I wanna see that too, except that these are very low percentage moves. But maybe I shouldn't be confusing this young man's dreams with my fancy mathematics.

And SNAP KICKS? Yeah, let's see more of those!
    --
    L.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast