225300 Bullies, 4108 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

WARNING THIS USER TENDS TO BE FULL OF ****!

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 4:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Blank

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah
    Have you ever seen a boxing match where anyone strikes like that?

If not, do you think professional boxers/fighters are just willfully "ignoring" these great techniques?
    That is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Boxers don't kick either! Maybe kicking is not a great technique thats why "Boxers" don't use kicks?

You are a retard.

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 4:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This board is so full of people that have self-esteem issues.

So the guy is POWERFUL, you can see that. Maybe you want to try him out?

Talking **** online saying how his shoulder is not right according to "boxing" standards etc etc is just immatured. Besides, a confident person does not need to beat up other people to prove his point. He know what he can do, and thats all he needs to know to satisfy his ego.

From watching the video, you won't know if he spars or not?? So why talk ****? You people are losers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 4:25pm

Style: Multiple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah
    Have you ever seen a boxing match where anyone strikes like that?

If not, do you think professional boxers/fighters are just willfully "ignoring" these great techniques?
    Alright boxers, don't get pissed off but, Boxing is not a martial art, it is a sport.
    You wear gloves and can only punch. There are no grabs, no kicks, no joint manipulation. It has nothing to do with boxers ignoring techniques from other styles. They simply can't use those techniques.

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 4:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And you know what? If boxing is the ONLY thing you train in, MAist will tear you apart.

Its a joke the kind of stuff I read on here.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    12/28/2005 4:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Rooster
    Alright boxers, don't get pissed off but, Boxing is not a martial art, it is a sport.
    You wear gloves and can only punch. There are no grabs, no kicks, no joint manipulation. It has nothing to do with boxers ignoring techniques from other styles. They simply can't use those techniques.
    No, boxing is a martial art, a very well developed one. It's just that it's evolved within the confines of the rules of boxing the sport. It is still a fighting art/science.

Is a Thai boxer a martial artist? What about a kickboxer, or a BJJ or Judo player? What about a fencer? None of these people would be martial artists by your definition.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2005 4:14pm

Style: Boxing (sumasshu hige)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kali

Kali guys are real well rounded. At least Dan Rutano's guys are anyway. There weapon skills are frankly scary, and their Dumog is good (looks real to a jujitsu/judo guy).

The problem is when you are punching and don't change the arm movements or footwork. You don't need to use a lot of power with a sharp blade. You do need a lot of power if you plan to **** a guy up with your bare hand.

When you are are fencing you can walk around heel and toe, like Musashi, feet close together for mobility, that works. A punch has to come from the ground, using the power of the legs to drive the knuckle sandwich forward. There really is no other way.

Their punches are weak, no big deal. Their knife work is better than mine, it's a matter of priorities. Getting back to the original question:

Is it possible to get power to hurt someone with quick hits like that? Or are they merely done to keep the opponent off guard while you set something powerful up - like an elbow?
    Those punches have the same leverage as a weak jab. He might break your nose if he hits it right, which is a real good setup or distraction. But they are not fight finishing blows and I'm not sure he means to claim that .

The back massage technique sure is funny though. What we need is a video of him with the pads on taking training knives away from people who intend to embarrass him. I've done that and it put my fancy moves into perspective.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2005 4:20pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe the point of those punches isn't to do serious damage like in boxing but more to set the person up for something more committed.

At least that's what I've learned in the past.

Most of the flashy looking stuff in Kali/Silat is a setup to something more painful. Flood the senses and attempt to destroy the limbs.

I guess that's kinda similar to boxing. Just the short strikes in Kali aren't only for metering your opponent.
    Last edited by rabidpanda; 12/30/2005 5:25pm at .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123