Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/18/2003 3:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I managed to get the best of him, but without my training, I have no doubt he would have beat my ass." What happened?

=====

"I bet you're the kinda guy that would **** a person in the ass and not even have the god damn common courtesy to give him a reach around."

Full Metal Jacket.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2003 7:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Osiris,

What rank is "Dan Bo?" I've never heard of that before.

Sincerely,

R. McLain

Posted On:
    4/18/2003 8:00am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First dan i believe...as in "just" black belt

I sparred with a black belt TKD instructor when I had been training in WT for one year. I managed to get the best of him, but without my training, I have no doubt he would have beat my ass.
    Training, conditioning and experiance. I'm sure a lot of TKD guys (maybe say 1-2% hahahahaha) could easily beat an untrained attacker.

Osiris-LOL
    Too much competition TKD in my little town....

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed later.
    "Just one more........rep!!! ARGH!!!" *Collapses*
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2003 1:16pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My friends boxing vs my Taekwondo put to the test. We sparred on a empty gymansium court at the local Ymca. Be both worn 6oz gloves and I wore shin and instep padding to be fair. So we begin I'm at least two full steps away, keeping my range. We are in open stance his left leg in in front and so is mine. I get really close he jabs. I direct counter attack left leg slides back to the position my right leg was, my right leg slams into his inner thigh. His knee buckles enough that when his straight right omes I'm back out of range he seems shakin up at this point. I raise my rear leg off the ground he drops his hands to block and I areo step to a left roundhouse to his face I'm about to follow up with a back kick when I realize he's staggering bad. He was out on his feet. I helped hm to a bench and we shook hands and went for beers. People keep telling me my tkd is useless but it serves me well.

He was pretty much stunned, he was caught off guard. he said it was fun though and we're going to spar more often just not as full contact. I think the key to tkd is the foot work I train 50% on just footwork and think of practical applications for it. My wrestler buddy heard what happened and wanted to give me a try too.

They're are good schools out there but I wish they wouldn't let just anyone open up a school, my teacher is a kukkiwon school graduate as I think all instructors should be. People tell me that in close tkd sucks but it has alot of elbowing which I find better than punching in close anyway plus with my foot work I can stand right next to you and kick you hard! I wish every school was like mine.

Posted On:
    4/20/2003 1:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "People keep telling me my tkd is useless but it serves me well. " assuming this is true - Good roundhouse!

"They're are good schools out there but I wish they wouldn't let just anyone open up a school" That's the reason for Bullshido.com :D Remmber, why people say "it sucks" is because in general all it is, is punches and kicks only But most of all it's ONLY light contact, point sparring,and you have to wear a load of gear. This may not be true for your school though...tehy vary GREATLY...

=====

"I bet you're the kinda guy that would **** a person in the ass and not even have the god damn common courtesy to give him a reach around."

Full Metal Jacket.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2003 1:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe "aero step" is flutter kick for us. It's heavenly to hit with because people never expect it, AND because of the first kick being a low fake to the right, the second goes to an unguarded high left and it's devastating.

Sounds like fun.

A friend and I were fighting around because he said that my TKD wouldn't do me any good against him....He did manage to get me down after him taking a bad round house kick to the knee. But when he was coming after me, while I was on my side, I kicked him about 6 times before he got to me and did a sort of side mount thing. I didn't want to kick him in the face so I stopped at that point. Then he punched me in the face twice! And here I thought that was taboo for a friendly battle. So I figured it was ok to go ahead and kick him. I elbowed him in the lip and he sat up so I kicked him in the head. We spent a couple hours after that me with a developing black eye, ice over it, and him with ice on his lip and the side of his head. I had to appologize about 100 times I felt so bad. Overall a STUPID waste of time. We were still good friends though even after that.

Posted On:
    4/20/2003 1:54pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "He did manage to get me down after him taking a bad round house kick to the knee." I'm sorry N8y5000, but roundhousing the knee is so terrible - when you roudhouse the knee hard IT HURTS YOU, the kicker. The other person doesn't feel a thing usually (I just got roudhoused in the knee like 5-8 times at once, and hard - didn't hurt at all. I got kicked in the thigh once - hurt A LOT.)

"Overall a STUPID waste of time" WASTE OF TIME!?!?!? that sounds excellent - you got to "fight" some1 who was untrained(?) and to try and use your TKD...

=====

Full Metal Jacket.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2003 2:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Untrained--He boxed in freshmen year but that doesn't mean much. He didn't do very well. He also had a 4" and 60lbs weight advantage!
    ---------------------

I kicked to the inside of the knee on the side. The front is damn near invincible. I use my knees and shins to block, it's very effective.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    4/20/2003 2:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blade,
    A roundhouse kick placed properly slightly above the center of the knee could do significant immediate damage to the ligaments. What do you suggest? A roundhouse to the THIGH??

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2003 6:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "my teacher is a kukkiwon school graduate as I think all instructors should be."

Theyre the ones putting out all the garbage.
    Osiris, that was rather ignorant. Kukkiwon sets an invisible standard for all TKD schools. Some schools go beyond that standard, but to be Kukkiwon certification IS a requirement for a legit school. Do you even train in TKD?
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast