Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2003 9:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    evryone hates tkd for various reasons, many of tkd's techniques are not that great, but has tkd ever been proven "inefecive" against some other art? (besides that one muay thai vs tkd vid)

iam not trying to start a flame war, iam just curious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2003 9:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what rank are you? do you do wtf?

Posted On:
    4/17/2003 11:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD can be good, if it;s trained full contact then it can.

I think there was a NHB tornemnt one time, with some fighters from "Triad" TKD, and they beat their opponents from standing...They did grappling too I think..

=====

"I bet you're the kinda guy who'd **** a person in the ass and not even have the god damn common courtesy to give him a reach around."

Full Metal Jacket.

Edited by - Blade Windu on April 17 2003 11:40:31
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2003 11:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I agree. TKD has some merit, but to many people are trying to profit off of it. MOST TKD schools are just $60/mo aerobics lessons. Not to mention that there are like 17 per city.

Posted On:
    4/17/2003 11:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True, a lot of htem are all about themoney - think how much the bigger ones are making in terms of profit?

Even that TKD, with it's light or contact stuff can teach you a thing or two about disatnce and movement. You also get some decent conditiong - and the flexibility? Excellent. If you go FCon then that's excellent too.

"tkd ever been proven "inefecive" against some other art? "
    JKDF - to be honest I think it has, or at least a lot that strated off as TKD went on to do kickboxing, I actually have a clip of a karate/kickboxing/MMA person (in a kickboxing match) fighting a TKD guy - Give me your ICQ and I'll send it over to you.....

=====

"I bet you're the kinda guy who'd **** a person in the ass and not even have the god damn common courtesy to give him a reach around."

Full Metal Jacket.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2003 4:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about the Kimo vs. Royce Graice Fight?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2003 9:12pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kimo was obviously not TKD. I can't remember if thats what they had him listed as in UFC, but he was just a ground and pound brawler.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2003 9:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dan bo?

If it doesn't work, you're not doing it right.

<<2nd dan BB, 10yrs. WTF/USTU Fullcontact traditional/competition school....seperate instructors for each.

School= TaeKwonDo World under Master George Bliel 6th Dan (Traditional instructor), Master Christina Bailey 5th Dan(competition instructor), and Grandmaster Y.C. Kim 9th Dan(Mostly Traditional instructor)

It works for me.

Posted On:
    4/17/2003 10:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sparred with a black belt TKD instructor when I had been training in WT for one year. I managed to get the best of him, but without my training, I have no doubt he would have beat my ass.

You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hindlegs but if you get a group of men together you can create a herd of sheep.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2003 11:00pm

Style: Taekwondo/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that there are some of them out there, but how many street thug martial artists are out there? I train more than one art, but my primary one is TKD. If you're doing TKD, you gotta learn low kicks, you have to.
Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast