Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2006 8:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After months and months of trying to get Eddie's halfguard stuff to work, I finally figured out what I was missing. You have to bury your head in their chest or at least under their shoulder area as you go for the double underhooks, otherwise as soon as you stop defending the crossface they'll lay you flat and you're not getting any sweeps anymore. Dunno if this'll help anyone else, but it helped my lockdown stuff a lot.

I think that should also help with the ezekiel problem you mentioned in gi, Aeso.
    Last edited by MuKen; 6/22/2006 8:55pm at .

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    1/12/2007 3:02am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got my bluebelt last night and my grirlfreind bought me this book as a gift(that makes her totally awesome cause she knew who he was and that I wanted it)

Best book I own and I only read it tonight. The whole thing. My game just changed and I havent even rolled yet and Im not being sarcastic.

I just used Lockdown tonight (before reading the book cause a guy showed it to me) and I was keeping guys that normally blow by my gaurd at bay. I used Lockdown tonight too against a guy who has 70lbs on me and subbed him with a kimura from it. Also I got the Apollo choke(it just seemed natural and went well with a kimura) although I finished the choke from bottom without the sweep.

Also, its frustrating as hell to the other guy when he puts weight on me and I just elevate his leg with the Lockdown.

His intro and discussion about the sport are great too.

Thats ALL before reading the book. I <3 Eddie Bravo. I dont care, I said it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2007 4:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would you guys recommend jujitsu Unleashed or Mastering The Rubber Guard? The latter seemed to have easier to use photos.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/12/2007 9:24am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mastering the rubber guard is put together MUCH MUCH better than his first book. I've got both and I like the depth and detail of the explanations in his newest book more than his first.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2007 1:27pm

Style: Mo-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bravo is in the process of replacing JJ Unleashed with Mastering the Rubber Guard and a book on his top game. MTRG contains MUCH more detail than JJ Unleashed and a few modifications.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2007 2:36pm

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With jiujitsu unleashed the publisher wouldnt let eddie write about his philosophy because of his facination with marijuana. As a result JJ Unleahed was only a fraction of what Eddie wanted to show the world. His new book is very complete and is one of my favorites.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234