Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 1819 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 2:12pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch30
    If I am adverse to pressure testing my fake art by getting beat up how would that be delusional? It would seem to be pragmatic!
    It's not pragmatic to pay money to take martial arts and not develop real skill that holds up in a martial situation.

However, there are plenty of people that like to get into the kung fu live action role playing, and pay money to dress up in pajamas and bow to one another. They spar with similar delusional people only in their group. Their fearless leader is never questioned, always bowed to, and has made up credentials.

I enjoy watching them get choked out by 13 year old girls.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 9:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Yuchia Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Next you will probably try to convince me that XMA is not effective or reality based. You sir are a fraud!

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 12:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Genghis Bob, You know Better

Bob Go***ny, please,

I'm pretty sure I know who you are and always enjoyed learning from during the 4 years i was at SCMA.

I think it's time for you to wake up, pull your head out of the sand.

Yes, Brown is well -known for his sexual harrassment of female students, as well as his phychological and PHYSICAL abuse regularly doled out (epsecially on employees). You have been there for many, many years, Bob - "The truth shall set you free".

Yes, Brown threatened Jason Schoenherr with violence, and yes he had that Jeri Donahue threaten him as well. A police report was filed, as there are no less than 10 former people ready to coorborate Browns' history of violence (threatened and actual) should he do something to Jason.

I've got an an idea Bob, how about you talk to Sifu Brown and see if your son Ma***n can work at the dojo, since the arrangement works out "so well" for everone else who works there. You can help your son read the fine print on the non-compete clause that all employees must sign stating the "Yuchia" Kung Fu, all the principles, techniques, and training methods within it are the sole invention and property of Robert Brown. Further, the student agrees that should he / she leave the employ of mr. Brown, they will not teach martial arts of any kind within the state of Michigan for a period of 10 years.

You need to read about cults, Bob. SCMA has all of the 14 traits recognized by experts in the field, as traits of the cult.

Just some food for thought.

By the way, Sifu Scafone was the senior student under Brown for many years before breaking away. Brown had lawyers threatening Sifu Scafone with lawsuits and other threats, and Sifu Scafone responded by opening his dojo 4 miles away from Brown's. Sifu Scafone is a real student of Yue Chia (rumor has it that he has over 3000 pages of handwritten notes on his study of the art - I remember him back at Browns, he gave a talk one night about the value of journaling about one's practice). Sifu Scafone then went on to Study with Sifu SMith and is now top student with Sifu Smith. I can't speak for Sifu Scafone, but i would bet he leaves Brown off his resume because he doesn't want his reputation connected to Brown's name. Sifu Scafone has studied Kryia Yoga for over 12 years and that is where his "partner's ; not opponents paradigm" comes from.

I visited his school once. He and his wife teach all the classes. Absolutely awesome skills contatined with huble, approachable instructors. There are many familiar faces there (former senior students of Brown's). The Scafone's however, will not talk about Brown (as they left there back in 2001 (ancient history). They run a serious, positive program, focusing on their love of the art. Note: there's a picture of Sifu Smith on the wall at Infinite Path Martial Arts - try and find one in Brown's dojo. As soon as my work - schedule permits, i will be signing up at Infinite Path.

The proper spelling of the art is YUE CHIA. Brown learned it from Sifu Smith in Westland - not some old monk in China. And darn it, for the last time - there is NO SUCH PERSON AS DR. WOO CHIN LEE! (supposedly, a third person who happened to teach the art to Brown.

You should check out Infinite Path's website: WWW.INFINITEPATH.NET

p.s. - this is the only post i will write - i think it's helathy for people to talk about this. If you like it at Brown's, stay there forever. But i would never go back.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by myeyesareheavy; 8/03/2007 11:31pm at .

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 5:18pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Next you will probably try to convince me that XMA is not effective or reality based. You sir are a fraud!
    Seldom do we get to see self-p0wnage of this magnitude here at Bullshido.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 8:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Yuchia Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are welcome Chingy!

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 8:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How very interesting...after being told that I was very stupid for reviving a Dagon thread, I see all of this.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 10:38am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by salsaninja
    we should give a second look to those cultural traditions that come with the art we study.
    Right. Let's take a look.

I Ching was created before being incorporated into MA.
    5 Element theory was created before being incorporated into MA.
    Pressure point/Acupuncture was created before being incorporated into MA.

They were all added later, do your research.

Point is if you want to keep them fine. In that same breath realize they are newly added and don't necessarily represent the culture in the way you claim.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 6:49pm

Style: Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol, priceless. :)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 9:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tai chi, qi gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by myeyesareheavy
    Bob Go***ny, please,

The proper spelling of the art is YUE CHIA. Brown learned it from Sifu Smith in Westland - not some old monk in China. And darn it, for the last time - there is NO SUCH PERSON AS DR. WOO CHIN LEE! (supposedly, a third person who happened to teach the art to Brown.

You should check out Infinite Path's website: WWW.INFINITEPATH.NET

p.s. - this is the only post i will write - i think it's helathy for people to talk about this. If you like it at Brown's, stay there forever. But i would never go back.

Good luck to you.
    ~~ ~~~ ~~

thank you for writing this, poster of one...

indeed, it is good to write what is on one's mind in regards to Rob (and Jeri) and this controversy. quitting something one loves to do is not an simple process. in respect to leaving SCMA, was something i felt stongly about. having studied with a genuine, honest and certified Sifu the difference was obvious from day one. each evening of practice with him and every "meditation Thursday" i spent there magnified my thoughts on the issue of what he represents himself as being. as i mentioned in my post (#107 of this thread) i sift through what is positive and is not. negativity and discord are two things, IMO, that lead to disease.

i appreciate the thoughts and viewpoints of those who write here and practice many forms of martial arts. it is fascinating to read how much we collectively love/struggle/learn from it thank those of you who have stressed how important it is to know your teachers teacher and why. i have met my (original) Sifu's teachers and have grown from listening to them speak, watching them practice and practicing with them. some of these teachers are not living any more, and others live out of this country. i also know that he has travelled to different countries to meet his teachers teachers. this is necessary, now i know why. the point is well taken and i thank those of you who have spoken on this topic. Brown does not want you to know his teachers and it would be rare that he mentioned them. he did however, site one out of two of his influences...Wu Chin Lee and Tom Smith. one evening at a question and answer prior to meditation on Thursday. a 'pet' student asked him to speak about the two men who he cited as being his influences. he clearly said it was Wu Chin Lee/Li and the other man would be discussed at a different question and answer session. you know, i was sitting next to her and having met Tom Smith as one of my (former) teachers teacher, i was curious how Rob would speak of him. Rob Brown tapped out. using one of his "go to" lines, "Never miss a good oppotunity to shut up." well, he did precicesly that. it was difficult to sit in repose (next to this student) who asked this question and listen to the non-response. it finalized my decision to leave the dojo that evening once and for all.

as for the question a number people here have asked former students of (he is not a Sifu) Brown, why are none of us citing him for fraud? i think the answer is simple. the best way to send a message of discord is 1.withdraw presence 2. stop paying tuition 3. withdraw attendance/attention. in so doing there less money in the coffers, less stroking of ego and diminish (Brown's) validation of self. each of these items being its own reward. to bring about letigious consequence would cause those involved to re-live the unpleasant events/memories better left in the past tense.

moving forward, i take the positive elements gained from the students and from Mr. Atkinson and Mr. Schoenherr, utilizing them in my daily life and in my practice of martial arts because these small things have usefulness and good. i studied there for less than a year and its has been nearly two years since my study ceased at SCMA. in darkness, there is light. and....if you rearrange the letters that is the acronym of the place, you can spell scam. hm..

i would like to sincerely thank the creators of this forum. i appreciate having a place to do express myself on this topic specifically and read others expressions in general.

i bow to you in peace.
    Last edited by dasboot; 8/05/2007 4:15pm at .

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 9:16pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!