Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 8:26am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dave,

I do know who you are. I am not in a position to tell you who I am because I do not want to be one of those people that get harrassed, etc. by the school you attend.

If you want to know the truth about Jason, call him! It is not even long distance! Or better yet, go and see him.

http://www.easternmartialarts.com/

It was bad blood, but not for the reasons that you are probably thinking.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 8:29am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dave,

I just re-read your post, and if I may make a few comments.

Robert Brown does not claim lineage from Sifu Tom Smith. He claims lineage from a Shaolin Monk. Tom Smith was his kung-fu teacher. If you want to learn more about Sifu Smith, go to Westland and see him. Ask questions.

As for the folks at Infinite Path, the head instructor there learns directly from Sifu Smith and is Sifu Smith's senior student.

If I may one last item, Dave...how much is it that you pay every month to not be taught by the head instructor? Think about it!!! My first car payment was not that much!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 8:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: working and schooling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A far sight more than my first car payment too. Due to my pending return to school, finances, and work.......that may not be an issue for much longer.......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 9:13am

Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mi_man_us
    . . . As for the folks at Infinite Path, the head instructor there learns directly from Sifu Smith and is Sifu Smith's senior student.
    The head instructor at Infinite Path, Sifu Chris Scafone, was a student of Sifu Brown's for many years, as well, and Sifu Brown's influences are obvious in Infiniite Path's materials. "Partners, not opponents" is a lynchpin of the Sifu's philosophy for practice (and life).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 9:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: working and schooling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good Morning Mi Man Us,

Seeing as how we weren't close or anything, I have no way of getting in contact with him. I could've sworn I saw him driving down utica on my way home from work this morning at 7:30 or so in the A.M. I'm also totally clueless as to what would constitute bad blood. It was just the first explanation to come up. Believe it or not, I've been known to exhibit traits found in a skeptic. As to why I could attend for so long without direct contact with the head honcho? I'm usually sleeping, eating dinner, working, or prepping for work in the evening. I'm not always the best time manager either. I also liked classes taught by the morning crew of Ms. Allison and Mr. Scott.

Dave

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 10:33am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ghengis Bob, or should I say Bob G? Where do you think he got is "lynchpin"? He did not invent it. Go and see SIfu Smith, talk to some people who are no longer there...you know who they are.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 11:07am

Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mi_man_us
    Ghengis Bob, or should I say Bob G? Where do you think he got is "lynchpin"? He did not invent it. Go and see SIfu Smith, talk to some people who are no longer there...you know who they are.
    I never claimed that he invented it, but it's disingenuous to try to excise Sifu Brown's influence from Sifu Scafone's teaching.

For the record, Sifu Brown has acknowledged Sifu Smith as one of his teachers. I don't recall him ever claiming that his only Kung Fu teachers were in Shaolin.

I've never tried to hide my identity on this board - it was my family website referred to in the OP, and a a few folks from 12 Mile and Woodward have put two and two together.

That said, I must say I'm surprised at your references to threats of physical violence, and specifically to threats from Jerri - it's hard to reconcile in my mind. What types of harassment specifically have you been subjected to, that caused you to value your anonymity so? I don't disagree with the desire to remain anonymous - it is the internet, after all, and there are plenty of whackos out there -- but your indication that it's due to actions by the school, again, just don't jibe with my experience.

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 12:00pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch30
    I haven't paid anything in advance. I don't need to justify it to myself. I enjoy my practice. I pay every month like everybody else does. I have been training for a year with this school now. Getting knocked down would tell me if my footwork/blocking is fluffy not if my front punch is fluffy. It sounds like you are just talking out of your buttocks and grasping at straws to justify it.... kisses
    Mike
    Mike,

You're pretty good at arguing semantics about footwork/blocking/punching. But you seem delusionally adverse to pressure testing what you are learning with people outside your little BS inner circle group there. That in itself should be a red flag to you.

There are plenty of people that can invent rank for themselves. The higher the rank, the more they can justify charging more $$$/month to train with them.

I don't really need to justify anything. I don't pay big bucks to train with somebody who printed up his own certificates to hang on a wall.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 12:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ghengis Bob...call Jason and ask him. Check out Sifu Smith and ask about Rob Brown's history. Ask around. There are people there who know the truth.

I never said that he did not acknowledge Sifu Smith as one of his teachers, but what he does claim is that he teaches under Shaolin authority...which could be but is it not interesting that Yuechia (again, notice the spelling of the real art), which is little known anywhere, was the art that Master Ue in China could promote him in? What an amazing coincidence.

There are people out there that you know who were around for the build out, who were in Japan when he "practiced" with Tada Sensei, who were with him when he filmed the fighting monks "teaching" him the weapons forms.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 8:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Yuchia Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chingythingy
    Mike,

You're pretty good at arguing semantics about footwork/blocking/punching. But you seem delusionally adverse to pressure testing what you are learning with people outside your little BS inner circle group there. That in itself should be a red flag to you.
    I am flattered that you would assume I am a part of the inner circle but alas I am not even dating the head cheerleader at the dojo. If I am adverse to pressure testing my fake art by getting beat up how would that be delusional? It would seem to be pragmatic!

Mike