Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
  1. #1
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Zero Idiot Tolerance

    One of the things that makes Bullshido unique among Martial Arts websites out there is our policies that encourage open discussion and debate on the issues that face Martial Artists. These policies will continue to be how business is done around here, and as always, guided by the principle of rooting out BS in the Martial Arts.

    However... our hospitality and openness has been mistaken by some to mean that we encourage trolling and idiotic posts. This has never been the case but up until recently we haven't done much about it. Consequently, it's been pretty difficult to be banned around here.

    If you haven't noticed, that's changed. We still do not care if you have an issue with things people have said here, or even if you're going to rant and curse in the course of making your point(s). But we do expect that you have a point to make, and make that point with at least a basic degree of clarity using basic English skills.

    Some of the things that will be earning insta-bans (for varying periods of times):

    1. Starting shitty threads. We're tired of seeing posts that are nothing more than a line or two of text accompanied by a link. We're not here to do your thinking for you, post your own thoughts on the subject you wish to discuss if you want feedback on them. If it's worthy of posting a new thread about, then it's worth enough time for you to type a paragraph or two. Which leads us to...

    2. Failing to search for existing threads and beating dead horses long since turned to glue by senior forum members. Yes, we created the Your Martial Art Sucks forum to discuss things that have already been gone over, but that's because there are occasonally new views and developments on old subjects. This is completely different than starting a thread saying "Hay guys Ashida Kim/Taekwondo/Phil Elmore sucks".

    Notice a trend here? We're tired of shitty threads. If you have a half-ass comment to make, make it in an existing thread.

    If you have an actual point, or some new insight on a subject, unless it's in one of the non-serious forums like GBS or Trollshido, then feel free to start a thread and earn the respect of your fellow Bullies by contributing to discussion here.

    And another thing, if you do incur a temporary ban, suck it the **** up and go back to lurking for a while to learn how things are done. Do not re-register an account unless you want to be banned permenantly.

  2. #2
    LAVATORR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    THE CENTER OF THE EARTH
    Posts
    106
    Style
    FLAMING
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skepti-Claus
    1. Starting shitty threads. We're tired of seeing posts that are nothing more than a line or two of text accompanied by a link. We're not here to do your thinking for you, post your own thoughts on the subject you wish to discuss if you want feedback on them. If it's worthy of posting a new thread about, then it's worth enough time for you to type a paragraph or two. Which leads us to...
    [SIZE=ENORMOUS]SO I TAKE PIZDOFF IS GONE FOREVER?[/ENORMOUS]

  3. #3
    feedback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    4,080
    Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about banning the pile of 15 year old faggots who managed to turn bullshido into the Fark Anime Discussion Forum? The fastest (final) solution will probably be to create an automatic script that bans anyone born before 1985 who lists a japanese style. Good luck man
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

  4. #4
    Poop Loops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Americastan
    Posts
    10,025
    Style
    In Transition
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finally. I get that the theory behind not banning people was that they'd get laughed off of the board, but that didn't really work. And there are probably people who took the advice of those people (just look at the kiddies fellating Djimbe at Gamefaqs) and are now dead.

    Now, all we have to do is draw the line for "shitty threads".

    Also, I was tempted to just post "tl;dr".

  5. #5
    Poop Loops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Americastan
    Posts
    10,025
    Style
    In Transition
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    How about banning the pile of 15 year old faggots who managed to turn bullshido into the Fark Anime Discussion Forum? The fastest (final) solution will probably be to create an automatic script that bans anyone born before 1985 who lists a japanese style. Good luck man
    I was born in 1986 and do a Japanese-sounding style (zhoo zhitzu), but don't watch anime. Therefore, the plan is flawed.

  6. #6
    Thaiboxerken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    6,349
    Style
    Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about fuckers who promise evidence, and then refuse to produce it? (KFDW.... 3SS)

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9,913
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Snowman
    Finally. I get that the theory behind not banning people was that they'd get laughed off of the board, but that didn't really work. And there are probably people who took the advice of those people (just look at the kiddies fellating Djimbe at Gamefaqs) and are now dead.

    Now, all we have to do is draw the line for "shitty threads".

    Also, I was tempted to just post "tl;dr".
    It often takes months to laugh someone off the board, in the meantime such idiots replicate like salmonella.

  8. #8
    feedback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    4,080
    Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Snowman
    I was born in 1986 and do a Japanese-sounding style (zhoo zhitzu), but don't watch anime. Therefore, the plan is flawed.
    No, because I don't like you either.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

  9. #9
    Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly. hall of famestaff
    Stick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Washington DC. USA
    Posts
    7,949
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll start drafting my last will and testament now then.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Shore, LI
    Posts
    727
    Style
    Enshin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer
    I'll start drafting my last will and testament now then.
    Same here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO