Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're gonna run barefoot, do it on grass or sand, like nature intended. Not asphalt or concrete.

Skin isn't the problem. It's knees and bones that get F'ed over time. I just skimmed the website, but does it say how long these people have been doing it for? Like, 10+ years?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 5:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krampus
    What is the point of this venture?

I'm curious what assumptions about this you started out with.
    I used to do this in highschool as a way to just see if I could do it. I basically was just curious about how far I could run without stopping. Stress test I guess?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2005 9:45pm

Style: Boxing, TKD, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Miracle
    So today I work up early for once and decided to go running. I have measured the elementary school's boarders and two laps around the school is about 10 feet over a mile. It's very nice and best for running as I don't have to turn very much and that's better for my knees.

Anyway, I had two goals today. 1.) To see how far I could go full sprint and 2.) Running at a pace you would use for something like soccer, how far I could go.

1.) At full sprint I ran about 50 feet under 1/4 mile. So roughly 1280 ft. I'd say that is pretty good.
    50 feet under 400 m (1/4 mile) is really good. 400 m is the toughest sprint event imo. Everytime I do it, I end up dying on the ground and gasping for breath. The first I did it, I couldn't walk at all for the next twenty minutes (never had trained in sprints). To sprint non-stop 400 m is pretty good, you should be a track sprinter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 2:08am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just about to go for my first jog in quite a while up and down a hill for about an hour. Going light on the knees and ankles.

I'm trying to bridge my own theory-practice gap.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Gnujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What you should do is time your actual 400m time and time a 1600m. The top distance runners in the world have 400m splits within 5% of their 400m time.

HIIT is fun and is quite taxing even if you don't do full out sprints. When I sprint I do 100m for 4, 200m for 2, and 400m for 1 with some walking in between.
    Legendary Street Fighter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123