Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Running is very strenuous. You should try this.

So today I work up early for once and decided to go running. I have measured the elementary school's boarders and two laps around the school is about 10 feet over a mile. It's very nice and best for running as I don't have to turn very much and that's better for my knees.

Anyway, I had two goals today. 1.) To see how far I could go full sprint and 2.) Running at a pace you would use for something like soccer, how far I could go.

1.) At full sprint I ran about 50 feet under 1/4 mile. So roughly 1280 ft. I'd say that is pretty good. It sucked horribly though, after I collapsed to the ground gasping for breath I stayed there and waited for my body to stop trying to kick my ass. It is one hell of a rush and something really odd to try. Good for seeing how a certain aspect of your cardio is.

2.) I sat around and rested for about 30 minutes, stretching and keeping my legs warm. When I regained my endurance, I tried for goal 2. This one I managed to run roughly 100-150ft short of half a mile. This one wasn't as bad as the full sprint but still made me collapse to the ground gasping for breath.

You guys should try to see how far you can get.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2005 8:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and then some

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh right.

I tried running around town, jogging a few blocks, then walking, then jogging, walking, etc. It was horrible. The main problem was that it re-awakened my sprained ankle and put me out for another month.

**** running.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    12/18/2005 9:18pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Miracle
    So today I work up early for once and decided to go running. I have measured the elementary school's boarders and two laps around the school is about 10 feet over a mile. It's very nice and best for running as I don't have to turn very much and that's better for my knees.

Anyway, I had two goals today. 1.) To see how far I could go full sprint and 2.) Running at a pace you would use for something like soccer, how far I could go.

1.) At full sprint I ran about 50 feet under 1/4 mile. So roughly 1280 ft. I'd say that is pretty good. It sucked horribly though, after I collapsed to the ground gasping for breath I stayed there and waited for my body to stop trying to kick my ass. It is one hell of a rush and something really odd to try. Good for seeing how a certain aspect of your cardio is.

2.) I sat around and rested for about 30 minutes, stretching and keeping my legs warm. When I regained my endurance, I tried for goal 2. This one I managed to run roughly 100-150ft short of half a mile. This one wasn't as bad as the full sprint but still made me collapse to the ground gasping for breath.

You guys should try to see how far you can get.

Get a stop watch.

Jog lightly for 5 minutes
    sprint 30s
    jog (slowly)30s
    repeat ad nauseum (pun intended)
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    12/18/2005 9:18pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They have these things called "automobiles" now. You should look into them.

How do you know if it was a "sprint"? It may have felt like a sprint, but you could have been going slower than ****.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2005 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was running regularly I would run 1 mile as fast as I possibly could once a week. Usually between 5:05 and 5:10.

A real puker for sure!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2005 11:23pm

Style: Kitu ryu jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd rather not die thanks.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 2:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Running is one of the best ways to improve your fitness, along with lots of heavy bag work. SO I say stick with it.

Christmas Miracle. Just ease into it slowly. If your gonna start cranking out sprints make sure you are ready for it first. I would suggest going on your 2 - 3 mile run first. Just to establish a base level of fitness. Then start running sets of sprints.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 2:38am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 3:54am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interval sprints are some of the best cardiovascular drills you can do.

I do some short/medium distance running 3 or 6 miles, but when I am getting ready for competition it's all about the sprints.

I do Fartlek training. Running the straights, and jogging the corners on a track. My girl has a program set up for me and I can tell the difference between doing it and not. My performance is greatly increased by doing the sprints.

I have it in my mind that I will someday do a marathon. But since my ACL injury and a weak ankle from a motorcycle wreck I doubt my joint will take punishment to train for one.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/19/2005 5:08am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I don't really like running but it's one of those physical things I'm good at. Since I've been doing better with my heart thingy, I figured some cardio was in order.

I can usually run the mile in 5:45ish. I'm pretty okay I guess. Faster than the average person, so I'm pretty good in that department. But I hate running more than ANYTHINGGGGGGG. It's not something that I go into a lot, but i kind of know what I'm doing. Running is great, but I hate it.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast