Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 5:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The girl who used to massage me was a Zen Do Kai blackbelt. She was only very tiny but her strength was CONSIDERABLE.

I would not have wanted to piss her off.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 5:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding
    Screw ZDK, I'm still waiting for a martial art called AZN (Arte Zen Ninjitsu, maybe?)
    I've had invasive medical procedures funnier than that
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 9:56am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    That colonoscopy was a hoot, wasn't it?

"Just...try to relax..."

Best punchline ever!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couple things. As far as I understand, these are two different organizations. I can't comment on the Austrailian org, but the US one is a class act. I've had the pleasure of working with Sensei Campos on numerous occaisions and he's a good guy. They're students are, for the most part, pretty good. They also run an extremely good summer workshop that brings in a lot of top notch talent. That was the first place that I found out about Tony Blauer for example. Other past guest instructors include Francis Fong, Dan Inasanto, Fumio Dumra, Larry Tatum and others. Granted these are all people who appeal more to TMA folks, but hey that's whose attending.

Further, included in the workshops are gun defense courses that utilize live simunition rounds. So, it isn't just one touch point sparring.

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 11:09am

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    Meh, they can't all be winners. Even the great Fatty Arbuckle did some unfunny things.

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 11:09am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Matt, long time no see.

Since you've trained with the guy, what was it like? Are they pure Karate Tournament focused? Point Sparring based? Kickboxing based? What was the summer workshop like?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 11:42am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Sat, great to see you.

My exposure to Mr. Campos has been in two ways:

1. I've observed and taken a Gun Defense class that he runs with Mr. Joel Kirsh (a US Marshall if memory serves). Good basic defenses against a close range (touching or nearly touching) weapon. Anyone who wanted could get the chance to attempt a defense against someone using a live gun with simunition rounds. They're approach to getting the heck of of dodge matched mine. Good teaching style as well.

2. Interfacing with him at the Super Summers martial arts camp as an Assistant Instructor. For the last five years my school has prepared two workshops and a bad Kung Fu theatre demo for them. In that time I've gotten to see him execute technique and watched people from withing the ZKD-USA organization work. They're solid Karate practitioners. As the night before the weekend is typically they're time for belt testing, it's not uncommon to see people going for higher ranks walking around with shiners for the rest of the weekend. That, at least to me, speaks to the level of contact that they are testing under.

Beyond that, I don't know too much about the actual ZDK approach. But, I definitely think that Mr Campos is a class act.

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 4:29am

Style: Muay Thai yaaay!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hm,
    I don't know about any other branches but I train Muay Thai with some people affiliated with Zen Do Kai;
    Initially I thought it was going to be cheesy, but we spar an hour a week full contact.
    Can't be that bad, right?
    Judging from the varying reports it sounds like quality of instruction varies greatly from branch to branch =\.

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 11:04am

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    heres the thing, At my old tkd place, there was this hot 27 year old chick that told me about zen do kai karate, and said when she did it in japan, it was full contact submission fighting...
    but the results on google don't exactly show that.

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 11:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think she said "Zen Do Kai" Jones. She probably meant one of the one-school MMA styles found in Japan. Could be Zento-Kai, Shidokai, ShidoKAN even, seito kai or whatever. Lots of Japanese styles sound pretty much the same.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast