Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 9:25am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Give me two days, and I can turn you into a fully competent streetfighter with the same system I teach the Navy Seals!
    This was taken from that site, I think its pretty much explained.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 9:29am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you train in it for four years, and you became a "fully competent streetfighter" by the second day what are you now ? The God of war ?!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 9:44am

Style: PFS, some BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What he means by the two day thing is that he can teach the basic princibles, not make you some kind of superhuman unstoppable force

Oh and i was already to deadly to spar (J/K)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 1:34pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, I think my instructor has some issues with the claims on the site. He's never promised to make us a deadly killer in 2 days. He says about 6 months to get the basics down...seems a lot more realistic to me. Then again, my instructor has been around the martial arts his whole life and he been in his share of street fights. Unfortunately, I don't think everyone listed on that site can say the same thing, and the guy who runs the place is trying to fill up weekend seminars. I think the basic concept is solid, he's just marketing it in a bad (McDojo) manner. I'll stick with my instructor...I think he's managed to filter out the crap. Hopefully some of the other instructors have managed to do the same.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 3:50pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdweezil6998
    yeah, I think my instructor has some issues with the claims on the site. He's never promised to make us a deadly killer in 2 days. He says about 6 months to get the basics down...seems a lot more realistic to me. Then again, my instructor has been around the martial arts his whole life and he been in his share of street fights. Unfortunately, I don't think everyone listed on that site can say the same thing, and the guy who runs the place is trying to fill up weekend seminars. I think the basic concept is solid, he's just marketing it in a bad (McDojo) manner. I'll stick with my instructor...I think he's managed to filter out the crap. Hopefully some of the other instructors have managed to do the same.

So what is an average class like?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 5:56pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, we have class once a week...2 hours. It's only been running for a month. So pretty much the first class was mostly just him doing demonstration to show us what he plans on teaching. After that we spent a couple of classes working on footwork. Now we're starting to move into basic boxing skills. Jabs, crosses, and slips. We've also spent part of one class working on knee strikes. So we've moved from just floor work to begining working on the bag. Having taken boxing lessons before, I can say that he's progressing just like my old boxing instructor...who was the University of Buffalo boxing coach. So as far as progression of the class, it seems natural. We haven't started the BJJ yet...but like I said, it's only been a month (actually, just shy of a month). The instructor has already told us how he plans to progress us through the basics...start with learning basic boxing moves, then wing chung and muay thai, then move into the Bjj. It's too bad he's only able to have class once a week.

There's a couple of guys at my gym who are into MMA as well, so I've started doing training with them on the side, just to get more workouts in per week, but I think I'll stick with this class as well. I really enjoy it.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 9:09pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gummy_King
    What he means by the two day thing is that he can teach the basic princibles, not make you some kind of superhuman unstoppable force

Oh and i was already to deadly to spar (J/K)
    or it means he only taught the seals for 2 days!! :toothy5:

Seems like PV has a good thing going......

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2005 12:38am

Style: PFS, some BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whenever i run a class its 30 min of conditioning, the delivering the concept, then games or sparring applying the concept usually about an hour and a half classes

BJJ Black Belt

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 11:02am

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vunak's stuff seems ok...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12