Ha! Good one.
Originally Posted by bodar
Naw, it's pretty laid back here. All i have to worry about is access control, because we're kinda close to the nastier part of town. I just sit around, listen to mp3's, drink tea and lurk Bullshido for most....er, all of my shift.
I can't remember where I heard this, maybe it was a co-worker quoting somebody famous on TV recanting something said by someone a long time ago, but my job is basically: "seconds of heart-pounding chaos punctuated by hours of mind-numbing boredom" or something.
Last edited by Neildo; 12/15/2005 12:04pm at .
If you're active military you get a custom title for it to denote your experience. PM me your unit and any related details you can and I'll take care of that for you.
Originally Posted by SFGOON
I run a company.
20% percent of my employees do 80% of the work. Unfortunately, the other 20% of the work still needs to get done.
I'll drop a true slacker. The rest get paid commensurate with what they contribute.
Your boss probably knows what you're up to - your paycheck implies it. Maybe you're lucky in finding a girlfriend who doesn't know any better.
Last edited by Tom Kagan; 12/15/2005 11:48am at .
Seeing as how most of my forum postings and such are done during work, yes I slack a lot. But I usually (sometimes at least) have the rest of my work finished before I go about playing on the net all day.
Well Christmas Miracle, I'm glad you said that because I am secretly your employer, don't bother going to work tomorrow, you are fired.
(I knew lurking around these foruns would pay up)
PS: Merry Christmas Mwhahahahaa!
I work in an insurance call centre (for about.. the next 24 hours). I sit round for 15 minutes before calls. Soon I shall leave and go to Fujitsu, work with a friend's dad, and sit round doing even less. Life is good.
My job as a computer programmer is so goddamn boring that I've already planned the next 4 years of my life in terms of workout plans/goals, martial arts goals and new career paths to pursue. I've spent literally hundreds of hours(At this job) determining which MAs I want to take, what future career I want to pursue and doing all the net research I can on it.
I expect 2006 to be just as uneventful, so I intend to install some foreign language software on my machine and really prepare for where I want to go next.
Oh, and I Do take care of my daily tasks and whatever else is asked of me, and I get along well with my team. So my bosses consider me a valuable part of the dept.
I'd just like to point out that Liokault is the chief safety engineer at that big fuel-dump in the UK that exploded at the weekend.
Originally Posted by liokault
!!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!
!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!
Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey
I <3 Sirc.
<---Currently playing 'Kingdom of Paradise' on PSP. at work.
I actually work in Blair's government on the EU rebate budget reform committee.
Originally Posted by Cullion
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO