Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    8/02/2006 11:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KenpoFist, are you training yet?

Edit: I mean are you back training, I heard you hurt yourself.
    Last edited by ojgsxr6; 8/03/2006 12:11am at .

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    8/03/2006 7:06am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    KenpoFist, are you training yet?

Edit: I mean are you back training, I heard you hurt yourself.
    Yeah I really screwed up my shoulder and couldn't train, but now I'm slowly getting back into it while I rehabilitate my arm/shoulder. There is no longer any pain but I've lost about 50% strength in my right arm so it kinda sucks especially when all out grappling (you get a hold of my arm and it's instant armbar with no fight). I'm slowly working my way back up to all out sparring but in the mean time I'm just working stuff at about medium contact with more of a focus on drilling. Last night I went all out with some of my larger adult students just because I knew I could without fear of getting armbarred ;)

As soon as I'm feeling up to it I'll let you know, and I'll try and get that group back togethor. Talk to LI GUY if you want to see if he wants to get togethor in the meantime.

On a side note I was going to be competing in a grappling competition in Jersey at the end of the month that I won't be able to do so now....ah well I guess I'll just go, watch, and hook up with the fighter's girlfriends ringside while they're in there getting all hot and sweaty with another guy :XXhesitan
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 9:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

which mma gloves to buy?

i am deciding between
    fairtex spar gloves http://www.fairtex.com/news/news_view.php?n_id=159

or

fairtex nhb gloves http://www.paragonmartialarts.co.uk/acatalog/fairtex_gloves_ngv-10....

or

blitz pro star mma glove http://www.paragonmartialarts.co.uk/acatalog/blitz_mma_gloves.html

or

rogue sparmasters http://www.paragonmartialarts.co.uk/acatalog/info_1134.html

which 1 should i get? and i hoped this thread helped you guys find a good mma store to buy gear beacause some of those gloves are half the price you get em at most sites and since i am new to this site(not mma) can u tell me if this is in the right section?

software engineer

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 9:08pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This doesn't have anything to do with BS in MA. Go back to sherdog, or post in the right forum.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 9:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    like i said i am new to this site and i clearly said in my post if this was in the wrong section to tell me

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 9:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A) Yeah, this should most likely go in Strikeistan, though you could probably get away with posting in Newbietown (perhaps a kind mod will move it for you).

B) Search function. I seem to recall that the fairtex gloves have been discussed here before (I could be wrong).

C) Is there any reason you're not interested in the Official Gloves of the UFC manufactured by BJJ Black Belt and all-around cool guy John Ouano of Ouano International (www.ouano.com)?

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 9:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    A) Yeah, this should most likely go in Strikeistan, though you could probably get away with posting in Newbietown (perhaps a kind mod will move it for you).

B) Search function. I seem to recall that the fairtex gloves have been discussed here before (I could be wrong).

C) Is there any reason you're not interested in the Official Gloves of the UFC manufactured by BJJ Black Belt and all-around cool guy John Ouano of Ouano International (www.ouano.com)?
    thanks for the help and ive used the ufc gloves in training and the padding seems to shift sometimes

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 9:43pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    Cause they're freakin' expensive and unless the design changed in the last year or so the edging tended to lead to more cuts that other gloves.

Damn! This isn't a BS in MA topic at all cough *check out twins gloves* cough.

TK cough * they're awesome and not very pricey * cough D

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 10:05pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18487 first page of the icompete forum.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44817 first page of strikeistan.

oh, and you've posted this in two forums now. what a way to start the week!

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/13/2006 10:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    oh, and you've posted this in two forums now. what a way to start the week!
    To be fair, meng_mao and I both advised him that this was the wrong forum, thus his repost in Strikeistan. I should have perhaps been clearer that he might want to wait for and/or ask a mod to move this thread rather than starting a new one.

Meh.
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast