Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yours truly

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 2:37pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    let me elaborate with my post.. by real bag gloves I mean anything from 8-10oz open-thumb type gloves to 16oz full thumb gloves. I recommend the bigger ones if you are beginning so you can learn to keep your hands up no matter how tired you are.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 3:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    those lil gel gloves are great for saving time wrapping your hands but they are made to be worn inside a glove, they protected my hands fine when I had a hand injury and otherwise would need to double wrap my hands, but hitting the bag without a glove over them will **** them up. the finger loops also tear pretty easy on them.

That being said, don't get fingerless bag gloves unless they cover the finger joints because you will shred your skin that way and be sore enough to find wearing boxing gloves after uncomfortable

Yours truly

Posted On:
    2/28/2010 4:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    expanding on MMAmickey's post;
    if you want to develop your bones for bare handed striking, karate style, you can do it via hitting hard bags or makiwara. But be ready for cuts on your fists and possible bad pain when you get old from microfractures. And you have to start light, very light and build your way up. Recommend you do it under instruction. You will probably suffer injury one way or another.

Posted On:
    3/02/2010 1:36am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Are you talking about those little tiny gloves? Because I don't get the point of those. Your knuckles will get conditioned when you hit hard objects. Hard canvas bag works. Do pushups on your fists also. If you want hand protection go for real bag gloves.

nope, these are 16oz and run about $80, they seem pretty high quality only difference is the Gel substituting for the foam

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    3/02/2010 6:13am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    eurgh thats weird man.. waste of money, there is a whole load of cheaper **** that would do the same job.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/02/2010 9:31am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukyomi View Post
    nope, these are 16oz and run about $80, they seem pretty high quality only difference is the Gel substituting for the foam
    those "gel" gloves are for people who not only hit very hard (usually big guys, 200lbs+) and train very often (like 4-6 days a week) but who also have joint issues, and need to lessen the wear and tear of bag work on their joints.

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you asked on this forum about them, then you don't need them.\

just get a good pair of 16oz safety training gloves for sparring and bagwork.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Yours truly

Posted On:
    3/02/2010 9:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    3/02/2010 11:34am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    by the way they're described as breaking down eventually i'd suggest the twins 16oz as a better alternative. they're the only glove thats lasted me more than a month of heavy use (i've had them for 2 years now and although dirty are practically as good as new)

Posted On:
    3/02/2010 9:32pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    those "gel" gloves are for people who not only hit very hard (usually big guys, 200lbs+) and train very often (like 4-6 days a week) but who also have joint issues, and need to lessen the wear and tear of bag work on their joints.

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you asked on this forum about them, then you don't need them.\

just get a good pair of 16oz safety training gloves for sparring and bagwork.
    Hmmm, I guess I wouldnt really need them...I dont have any joint issues but I am 200lbs+ and I love hitting t3h bag.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    3/02/2010 9:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukyomi View Post
    Hmmm, I guess I wouldnt really need them...I dont have any joint issues but I am 200lbs+ and I love hitting t3h bag.
    Good pair of 18, 20oz gloves are an option too, and does wonders for hand speed.