Sponsored Links Spacer Image

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/17/2008 8:29am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hui xiu, sounds to me like you would do well to try to get to know someone with wholesaler access to twins/windy, preferably someone in thailand.

if you are going to be re-selling the gloves in your school, either the people who run that site you linked to (or someone else in the muay thai gear biz) should be willing to cut you a wholesale deal, at the least the shipping should be less. it pays to reach out to people about stuff like this.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    6/17/2008 10:28am

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Ming, I am emailed the muaythai-fighting website, so hopefully I'll get a good deal there.

If anyone knows any other wholesalers, let me know please.

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 3:34am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone try the Title Gels or the Rival Pro Sparring gloves?

I've never looked outside of Thai companies for gloves, but these two look sweet. Just picked up my 12oz Boon training gloves, but would like some 14oz sparring gloves. Leaning towards Windy right now, but if the Titles or Rivals are worth it, I'll hold off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 9:18pm

Style: sadness and tears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson
    Has anyone ordered gloves from this site: muaythai-fighting.com ?

Specifically, I'd like to order these:
    http://www.muaythai-fighting.com/twi...8cb7cfbbd50694

They are the only good synthetic leather gloves I can find, but shipping to the U.S. is $30 a pair. I want to sell these at my school, but If I buy them for $75 they better be great.
    I've ordered a pair of twins specials MT gloves and some twins thai pads from these guys, quick delivery, good prices

On a side, I've only every used synthetic leather before, any special requirements for looking after leather gloves?
    Last edited by snowman; 7/15/2008 9:23pm at .

Posted On:
    7/16/2008 12:43am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not really the same type of glove question but it has been bugging me for some time.

Is it significantly easier to knock someone out with mma sized gloves than boxing/muay thai gloves?

I don't think i could knock someone out with boxing gloves at this weight bar a lucky punch so if i go to mma and its the same my striking is pretty much worthless.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2008 10:30am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang
    Not really the same type of glove question but it has been bugging me for some time.

Is it significantly easier to knock someone out with mma sized gloves than boxing/muay thai gloves?

I don't think i could knock someone out with boxing gloves at this weight bar a lucky punch so if i go to mma and its the same my striking is pretty much worthless.
    Lift some weights (olympic weightlifting/RossTraining.com are good ideas for fighters) and put on some weight. Here is an article by Ross Enamait on gaining weight as a fighter.

And then get better technique.

Posted On:
    7/16/2008 10:46am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train 2 hours a day, 6 days a week so unfortunately weights are a no-go. My technique gets better every week though, so maybe that will help. But back to the question, do glove sizes effect knock out probability? Logically it would but i did bullshido karate for years, so my logic skills probably aren't the greatest.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    7/16/2008 11:44am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know this has been covered - in this very thread, back in 2005 - but i'm asking again:

what mma gloves are you guys using for teens/women? i've got one lady who's maybe five feet tall and possibly 100lbs with hands... i don't know how you get five fingers on hands that small. there's a second one who's only slightly bigger. and at some point, i'm going to need gloves for them.

specifically, i'm looking for mma sparring gloves, as well as mma style bag gloves. csi starts at regular, which is way too big. any suggestions?

Posted On:
    7/16/2008 11:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i know this has been covered - in this very thread, back in 2005 - but i'm asking again:

what mma gloves are you guys using for teens/women? i've got one lady who's maybe five feet tall and possibly 100lbs with hands... i don't know how you get five fingers on hands that small. there's a second one who's only slightly bigger. and at some point, i'm going to need gloves for them.

specifically, i'm looking for mma sparring gloves, as well as mma style bag gloves. csi starts at regular, which is way too big. any suggestions?
    Sparring I'm not sure, but Harbinger and Valeo both make fingerless bag gloves for women, and their sizes run small even for women's sizes.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    7/16/2008 12:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli

if ouano still makes the shooto gloves, they have a small size that works well for people with small hands (they were fine for a woman in my gym who is 5' and 100lbs.)
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 18192021 ... LastLast