Sponsored Links Spacer Image

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 12:01pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^The big thing about what he said if you train with the ones i suggested, just make sure you put the velcro on straight and secure. The abrasive side points down on the velcro, but if it's not on straight the stuff hanging off on the side can give your partner a nasty burn. I've gotten a couple myself.

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 12:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah most of the time I wouldn't have any help putting them on. But I think my hands are fairly small so it could work. I was also just looking at some products on Rival boxing. Anyone know anything about the quality of their products?
    Last edited by mattw05; 6/19/2007 12:11pm at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 12:30pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They look really nice...BUT OMG EXPENSIVE!!! $139.99 for a pair of sparring gloves?

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 12:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well the prices listed are in canadian $ but yeah the sparing gloves are really pricey. The bag gloves cheaper and are nice to but they don't have 16oz.
    Last edited by mattw05; 6/20/2007 10:01am at .

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 12:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you're only buying one pair of gloves, get sparring or training gloves.

if you plan on doing enough bag work to warrant another pair of gloves then get some bag gloves and only use them to hit the bag.

i hate when people spar with bag gloves.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 1:25pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still like my aries fight gear gloves... they've got some decent specials on their fight gloves if you can handle the red and white color....

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 1:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok... i know that i'm a broken record about this:

FIGHT gloves are not for sparring, they are for ring fights... they are designed to hit hard, and do damage to your opponent while protecting your hands, and having the minimum required padding to satisfy the sanctioning org. the point is that they are designed to do the MAXIMUM damage to your opponent while satisfying the requirements of the sanctioning org.

BAG gloves are not for sparring, they are for bag work. they are designed to protect your hands when you hit the bag. so they won't be very forgiving on your opponent when sparring.

SPARRING gloves are for sparring. they are designed to protect both your hands and your sparring partner. they are designed to keep everyone safe and injury free.

TRAINING gloves are generally designed for sparring and also some bag work.

so... if you are wearing bag gloves or fight gloves to spar with, you are either being ignorant and dangerous or an asshole and dangerous.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 2:51pm

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have heard very good things about rival gloves from Muay Thai instructors that use them.

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 6:11pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I'm not looking for fight gloves or sparing gloves. Training gloves or bag gloves would be fine. As of right now I'll be doing mostly bag work. I'm not in any martial arts at the moment and I'm just trying to work on my stand up a bit on a home bag. I don't currently have a sparing partner so I wouldn't make much sense to purchase sparing gloves.
    Last edited by mattw05; 6/19/2007 6:13pm at .

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    6/20/2007 8:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use Combat Sports' MMA Training Gloves, which are quite nice and seem to be quite popular around here. My only problem has been that the bulk of the glove makes threading my arms through for guillotine's/RNC a bit difficult.
    http://www.combatsports.com/detail_tuf.aspx?ID=22292

Most of my sparring partners, on the other hand, use Century's MMA gloves:
    http://www.centuryfitness.com/webapp...egory_rn=13501
    Which are vicious, vicious bastards. I wish I fought with people who were as big of gearheads as I was when it came to this stuff, instead of just buying the cheapest MMA gloves available at the local martial arts shop.....
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast