Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 10:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Everlast Gloves

Has anyone here used Everlast gloves? I was looking at these. Its my first pair of boxing gloves and i'll be using them mostly for bag work. I'm also considering these weighed gloves. Has anyone used either of these gloves or have any suggestions?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 10:43am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know a lot of people who like everlast. Most everyone I know uses combat sport international or revgear.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    everlast gloves are cheap crap. listen to wolf.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 10:59am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basically what i figured. Heard mixed things about Everlast gloves but overall it seemed fairly negative. Is there any particular gloves you guys would recommend?

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 11:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    combat sports or top contender safety training gloves.

get them at www.combatsports.com

i suggest at least 14oz (16oz or 18oz if you're over 170lbs)
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 11:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah i'm over 200. 16oz are my preference right now. Anyway thanks i'll check those out.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 11:15am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have these in the 16oz variety and they are awesome.

http://www.combatsports.com/detail_tuf.aspx?ID=22287

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 11:19am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah they look pretty good. I was looking at those and the Top Contender Hook & Loop Training Gloves. Either way 16oz looks like the way to go. Anyone here use 18oz before though? You don't see as many people using 18's.

Posted On:
    6/19/2007 11:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i like the elastic sleeve that covers the velcro on the safety training gloves, cause it stops the velcro from tearing up your partner's neck when doing clinch work.

other than that the ones wolf suggested are fantastic.

it should be noted that many people find the ones i like (with the velcro covering sleeve) to be difficult to put on and take off without help and therefore prefer the ones wolf showed.

my hands are very small so i can just slide them on and off, but those with big hands can find them frustrating.

i think that if you spend a lot of time taking the gloves on and off (like if you trade off holding pads with a partner) then you're better off without the sleeve. if you put the gloves on and leave them on for the whole training session then get the ones with the sleeves.
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15161718 ... LastLast