Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 6:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    those aren't really meant to be used as gloves, they're more like wrap substitutes. They're great for introducing newbies to a class so you don't have to waste time wrapping their hands.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 7:18pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of wraps, I've found it's faster to wrap my hands with a pair of 2" ACE wraps in each than to try using one of those 180" long wraps. Also, I just got 10 rolls of those mexican wraps (120") for $10 from titleboxing.com.

They are very easy to wrap/unwrap, and give a very snuggy, safe feeling. Me like.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 7:29pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    those aren't really meant to be used as gloves, they're more like wrap substitutes. They're great for introducing newbies to a class so you don't have to waste time wrapping their hands.
    They work great for LIGHT bag work. 4 months on 1 pair so far. See I hate wrapping my hands old skool cuz I don't wear wraps when I grapple. The way we practice I go between the bags and the mat alot so I don't like taking the time to wrap and unwrap. For anything more than light work you simply put on a set of gloves over them.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 8:18pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    These.......
    those are on clearance at Target for ~$8 right now.

No XL's by me, but I've already got enough mexican wraps to go around... I'm gonna go get some for my wife to hit the bags with....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/01/2007 1:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was thinking of buying a punch bag (50lb). If I were too what would the best gloves to buybe(under 30 quid ideally)?

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 12:09pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey
    I was thinking of buying a punch bag (50lb). If I were too what would the best gloves to buybe(under 30 quid ideally)?
    Any bag gloves that fit would be fine. Wear wraps when you try them on. once you wear out a set of starter gloves you'll have a better idea what you want for your next buy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

glove question!

so (N)everlast lived up to their name and I need new mitts. before I click order on some century 16oz'ers, has anyone used heavy gloves before? I mean 18-20oz gloves. Wondering if the extra padding makes them last long enough to be worth the extra scratch.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 2:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't make me start another thread...
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Posted On:
    4/06/2007 6:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/06/2007 8:20am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2007 8:42am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Twins Special 16 oz :D .. my personal fave
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast