Posted On:
    12/14/2005 6:56pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA
    Sorry but that is BS.

Fighting is Fighting. It doesn't matter if you are Asian, White, Black, Purple, or Blue the basic principle is still the same. You are trying to either a) defeat an opponent or b) keep from being mudstomped by an opponent. All you are saying is the chinese have their way of going about it. Its not that pple don't understand CMA its that there is alot of BS that goes on in the CMA community and there is alot of talk and stories but not substance.

The reason alot of westerners practice CHI/QI/KI/etc and think its magic is because some ASIAN told them that and it goes down hill from there. As you said there are scammers even in China so if your own pple get fooled what does that say? Even Chinese can't understand Chinese MA?
    No, see. You got it all wrong, you bellicose Westerner. It's not about the fighting. It's about something else, and that something else is cultural.

You will never understand the Asian art.

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:00pm

Style: ShaoLin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA
    Sorry but that is BS.

Fighting is Fighting.
    Yes, fighting is fighting.

But when you apply something that is NOT fighting and say how it can't fight, then everyone will laugh.

You go to Tiger Wood and ask "How does that swing block a punch?"

Tiger Wood would say, "WTF?"

Do you understand why this site is such a joke to Chinese people? Because the white man does not understand and they are asking very weird questions.

How does Chi attack someone?? That is a very funny question for a white man to ask! But a lot of people on here are asking that exact question!!
    Last edited by ClA; 12/14/2005 7:12pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClA
    AND THAT is why you are wrong and you will NEVER understand!!

Martial arts is NOT only meant for fighting!!!

It is life because it is:

1) Income.
    2) Politics.
    3) Everyday living.
    4) Fighting.
    5) Healing.
    6) more.

The word Kung Fu is NOT "fighting". This is why the white man will never understand martial arts. And people in China will always laugh at a site like this created by the white man to make fun of something they don't understand.

Do you know most Martial artist back then in China are also doctors??

Wait.........that doesn't make any sense to the white man, because in their mind, you can't see Mike Tyson being a doctor. But the thing is, its TRUE! Martial artist ARE doctors back then!!!

This is why you will never understand. And a site like this making fun of something you don't understand is a joke to asian people.

Your post above it exactly why we are laughing.
    My dad's a doctor. He was also a lousy boxer when he was younger. He loves Chinese food, but that's a Jewish thing; you wouldn't understand.

I'm sorry, what was the point again?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

But when you apply something that is NOT fighting and say how it can't fight, then everyone will laugh.
    You're right. There is nothing funnier than a Kung Fu school that teaches Lion Dancing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:04pm

Style: sue-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You to go Tiger Wood and ask "How does that swing block a punch?"

Tiger Wood would say, "WTF?"

Do you understand why this site is such a joke to Chinese people? Because the white man does not understand and they are asking very weird questions.

How does Chi attack someone?? That is a very funny question for a white man to ask! But a lot of people on here are asking that exact question!!
    Just so you realize, not everyone here is White. Evil Asia for one, is Black.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 720swork
    Just so you realize, not everyone here is White. Evil Asia for one, is Black.

I've always wondered about Tiger Woods, though.

But any old way, there are just two types of people in this world:

1) The Chinese
    2) The barbarians

Gives you a warm fuzzy doesn't it?
    Last edited by garbanzo; 12/14/2005 7:10pm at .

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzo
    My dad's a doctor. He was also a lousy boxer when he was younger. He loves Chinese food, but that's a Jewish thing; you wouldn't understand.

I'm sorry, what was the point again?
    My point is, martial arts is more than just fighting.

If someone from the west take parts of what martial arts is for, and make fun of it for NOT being able to fight, then that is the dumbest thing a Chinese person have ever heard.

Got it?

You can make fun of Tai Chi all you want for not effectively fighting someone in UFC, but I know for a fact my grandma healed her back pain because of all the slow moving exerise an elder needs from Tai Chi, then thats whats important for her.

And if you take Tai Chi and say "Fighting is fighting". All the grandmas in the park will laugh. Because all the white man can see it UFC!!

Look at the guy trying to cross the river, the last thing in his mind was the UFC.

And the guy getting robbed in a crowbed bus in china, the last thing in his mind was the UFC. I bet he was thinking, "****, I can't move but I want to beat the **** out of this guy, I know, I'd poke his eyes, I've got a finger I can use."

If you watch UFC and laugh at something that doesn't apply to it, then it makes you sound real dumb.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:12pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh most martial artists in china are doctors? I'm starting to think YOU'VE never been there.

I still don't get the crowd thing - there is a non-sequiter the size of my dick* in the statement "Wing Chun works in a crowd so because I might have to fight in a crowd I will learn wing chun and only wing chun because there is no need to train something I might never have to do."

And the arts you are dissing to boost wing chun - muay thai, for example - are also asian.

You have some interesting points about the value of culture in the fighting arts but you don't get the main thrust of this site - since you are saying bullshido is just white men calling bullshit on something they don't understand while at the same time saying "Chi isn't magic, it's just breathing" - that's a bullshido position, a point of view common to the members.

I think you haven't read the site quite enough yet to know what you're criticising, but I hope you stay around, because you seem to have the right idea. I'd drop the sino-centric bs, though, nobody cares.

*BIG
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:15pm

Style: sue-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always wondered about Tiger Woods, though.

But any old way, there are just two types of people in this world:

1) The Chinese
    2) The barbarians

Gives you a warm fuzzy doesn't it?
    Tiger Woods is Black.

We on the other hand, now have the Wu-Tang Clan.

I am okay with this.

Posted On:
    12/14/2005 7:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right. There is nothing funnier than a Kung Fu school that teaches Lion Dancing.
    But the fact is, 90% of Kung Fu schools in Chinatown does teach lion danceing.

And this is in the US too, not China.

And if you think that is funny, you are not the only person laughing. Just not with you....but at you.
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast