Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 333940414243 44454647 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 5:40pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    man, if thats all martial arts means to you, learning how to beat people up, then thats pretty sad, and i feel quite sorry for you that its all you get out of it.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 5:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    man, if thats all martial arts means to you, learning how to beat people up, then thats pretty sad, and i feel quite sorry for you that its all you get out of it.

you're an idiot, seriously. What does "what I get out of it" have to do with anything? You're talking about a KIND of person, as though practicing martial arts should effect your personality in some way.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 5:48pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Here here!!!

If you want to think you _ing _un is just as good as Muay Thai then go ahead just don't try getting into any fights.

I wonder why pple can accept the simple FACT that all arts are NOT equal. Some are way better than others and _ing _un isn't one of them.
    I agree that some arts are better then others. But that said; if you study one art that is superior to another, dont you think you can pick up some good things from an 'inferior' style? We could say that muay thai is superior to boxing, but cross training in boxing obviously would give you some benefit i guess.

What do you think?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 5:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    I agree that some arts are better then others. But that said; if you study one art that is superior to another, dont you think you can pick up some good things from an 'inferior' style? We could say that muay thai is superior to boxing, but cross training in boxing obviously would give you some benefit i guess.

What do you think?
    but muay thai is not better than boxing.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 5:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is exactly the kind of ignorant attitude the guy who started this thread was talking about!

Is it just kicking a bag to you? an excuse to brawl?

ever heard of a thing called 'self-development' ?

shouldt we be incorporating your training into your every day life, instead of flipping out and getting straight on the abusive defensive?

Im guessing you train at some redneck dojo, where all that matters is beating on people?

Im sorry you havent had the oportunities to explore as much of the martial arts world as other people. Im sorry you havent had a chance to broaden your mind and LEARN from your art.

But thats not my fault. You can just go on abusing people. Make you feel good? make you feel equal, to the 'macho-men' of the martial arts world ?

listen man, i dont care if your a woman or if your the best martial artist or the worst martial artist, but you got nothing to prove. Youre going on and on as if theres some reason to tear people down and hate like that. well there isnt.

so just chill out.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 5:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    this is exactly the kind of ignorant attitude the guy who started this thread was talking about!

Is it just kicking a bag to you? an excuse to brawl?

ever heard of a thing called 'self-development' ?

shouldt we be incorporating your training into your every day life, instead of flipping out and getting straight on the abusive defensive?

Im guessing you train at some redneck dojo, where all that matters is beating on people?

Im sorry you havent had the oportunities to explore as much of the martial arts world as other people. Im sorry you havent had a chance to broaden your mind and LEARN from your art.

But thats not my fault. You can just go on abusing people. Make you feel good? make you feel equal, to the 'macho-men' of the martial arts world ?

listen man, i dont care if your a woman or if your the best martial artist or the worst martial artist, but you got nothing to prove. Youre going on and on as if theres some reason to tear people down and hate like that. well there isnt.

so just chill out.

it annoys me when some little half assed prick gets this "holier than thou" attitude and starts spouting off what someone who practices martial arts "should be". It's Mr Miyagi bullshit and has no bearing on anything. Just look at warriors throughout history and tell me they were all nicey-nice to everyone. They fucking killed people. So get the **** off your "martial artists should be" bullshit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 5:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46

What do you think?

of course you can pick things up from an inferior style. i agree totally. i cross train in boxing myself and pankration myself.

Why be boxed in as just practising muay thai or just practicing wing chun?

Alot of good martial artists (and pretty much every trainer at my dojo) have trained extensively in at least 3 martial arts.

Say one approach isnt working, throw something in from somewhere new, get a fresh angle on the situation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 6:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    it annoys me when some little half assed prick gets this "holier than thou" attitude and starts spouting off what someone who practices martial arts "should be". It's Mr Miyagi bullshit and has no bearing on anything. Just look at warriors throughout history and tell me they were all nicey-nice to everyone. They fucking killed people. So get the **** off your "martial artists should be" bullshit.

im not all 'holier than thou'

if you wanna perceive it as me thinking im better than you, well you can think what you want man.

but thats not it.

all im doing is questioning your attitude.

and im not saying im perfect! im far from perfect! i just think its important that we all strive to be caring towards others, and incorporate training into our lives, in a good way!

and as for the warriors that killed people, yes, they did kill people. that dosent mean they have no respect, or that they havent found a higher meaning to their art.

look at the samurai. they had a warriors code. im sure youre familiar with it?

they valued honour, respect, etc etc, all the things that you seem to think dont apply to martial arts.

but i guess you and your redneck buddies could 'beat the ****' out of a samurai anyday, huh?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 6:09pm

Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AAAhmed46 stated.
    That is my view. Good techniques can be picked up from less alive styles. To simply state that there is nothing to learn from other styles is the wrong approach to take.

This is a little off topic since we are talking about hand to hand fighting. But that is the same idea that Western European knights had. That their system of fighting was so superior to the wimpy foot soilders of the day that there was nothing to learn from them. Then they met the Swiss.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 6:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand
    AAAhmed46 stated.

That is my view. Good techniques can be picked up from less alive styles. To simply state that there is nothing to learn from other styles is the wrong approach to take.

This is a little off topic since we are talking about hand to hand fighting. But that is the same idea that Western European knights had. That their system of fighting was so superior to the wimpy foot soilders of the day that there was nothing to learn from them. Then they met the Swiss.
    im guessing the western europeans got wasted?
Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 333940414243 44454647 ... LastLast